New Delhi, February 16: Former opening batsman and World Cup winning Indian cricketer Gautam Gambhir posted multiple tweets on the Pulwama terror attack and lashed on Pakistan for harbouring terrorists on their soil to attack Indian security forces. After the decision by India to withdraw the Most Favoured Nation (MNF) status given to Pakistan in view of the dastardly attack on CRPF men, Gambhir tweeted saying, "I have some news for Pakistan. We should continue their ‘MFN’ status. Only thing is, that this time we the civilians will decide what ‘F’ stands for." All Party Meeting in Parliament 'Strongly Condemns' Terror Act in Pulwama, Pays Tribute to 40 Martyred CRPF Jawans.
The decision to withdraw the MFN status was arrived at the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) meeting at 7, Lok Kalyan Marg on Friday. List of Jawans Martyred in Pulwama Attack: Names and Photos of 40 CRPF Bravehearts Martyred in JeM Terror Strike in J&K.
Read Gambhir's Tweet Below:
I have some news for Pakistan. We should continue their ‘MFN’ status. Only thing is, that this time we the civilians will decide what ‘F’ stands for. https://t.co/5SsC6BlDvT
— Gautam Gambhir (@GautamGambhir) February 16, 2019
Gambhir had earlier replied to a video posted by Anupam Kher and wrote a touching message showing how every Indian was sad and angry after the attack on our CRPF men. "There are no civilians left sir, each Indian heart is desperate to settle scores, show these cowards their place." 'India Has Right to Self-Defence', Says US Counterpart to NSA Ajit Doval After Pulwama Terror Attack, Discuss Masood Azhar led JeM and Pakistan.
Gambhir has also tweeted on the day of attack and said in his tweet, "Yes, let’s talk with the separatists. Yes, let’s talk with Pakistan. But this time conversation can’t be on the table, it has to be in a battle ground. Enough is enough. 18 CRPF personnel killed in IED blast on Srinagar-Jammu highway."
On Thursday, February 14, 40 CRPF jawans were martyred in the attack on CRPF convoy after an explosives-laden SUV rammed into a vehicle part of the convoy moving from Jammu to Srinagar. The attack took place in Lethpora area of Pulwama district around 3.30 pm on Thursday.
Jaish-e-Mohammad claimed responsibility for the attack and named suicide bomber Adil Ahmed Dar behind the attack. The attack has not only sent shock waves across the nation, but has also angered the people of India as the nation grieves the loss of CRPF men who achieved martyrdom. The mortal remains of the martyred jawans have reached their hometowns as their families as well as the country bids a tearful adieu to the bravehearts.