Dalip Singh Rana is better known as The Great Khali, Indo American with World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE). Hailing from Haryana, Indian wrestler is not only known for his height but also the kind of ripples he created during the span on 2006-2014. The legendary wrestler defeated the likes of Undertaker, Shawn Michael, John Cena and many others, Khali created a niche for himself in the arena of professional wrestling. On his 47th birthday, let’s have a look at 10 cool facts of The Great Khali. TMC Writes to Election Commission Over 'The Great Khali' Campaigning For BJP's Jadavpur Candidate Anupam Hazra.
- Khali suffers from acromegaly, a disease closely associated with gigantism that causes facial deformities.
- Khali stepped into the world of writing for the first time in 2000 under the name Giant Singh.
- On 2nd January 2006, Singh became the first Indian professional wrestler to be signed to a contract by World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE).
- Before becoming a professional wrestler, Khali worked with Punjab Police.
- The wrestler made a TV debut in April 2006 on the episode of Smackdown! Khali made an appearance with his manager and attacked Undertaker.
- Khali’s contract with WWE ended on November 2014 after which he left the wrestling body.
- Khali appeared on the television reality show ‘Bigg Boss’, on which he finished as first runner-up.
- The wrestler is quite spiritual abhors alcohol and tobacco. He also is a disciple of Indian spiritual guru Ashutosh Maharaj.
- He is married to an Indian lady Harminder Kaur and has one child.
- Rana became a naturalized U.S. citizen on 20 February 2014.
As of now, Khali resides in Houston in the US. For all the fans of Khali would want to see him in action soon. As for his birthday, we wish the Indian wrestler a very happy birthday and may God bless him with all the happiness in his life.