Facebook-owned photo and video-sharing social networking service Instagram has officially rolled out a new feature, which is called as Instagram Music across all platforms. With this new Music feature, the users can tag song lyrics and snippets to their Instagram stories. This feature was previously rolled out to the US users last year in June. Now, the feature has been rolled out to the users in India. It is important to note that the new Music Feature on Instagram can be found under the sticker drawer, and it is available on Instagram stories and not posts. Facebook Reportedly Working on TV Streaming Device Like Amazon Fire Stick: Report.
The song library under the Music feature on Instagram comes with a vast range of Indian songs and several popular international songs too. This feature is not limited to Instagram, and the company has introduced the feature on Facebook as well. The Facebook users can create a new post with an image or video, and they can add Music by tapping ‘Edit’ icon.
Here’s how you can use this new Instagram Music Feature-
1. The new Music feature on Instagram is available on the latest version – v110.0.016.119. The users can check out the version of the Instagram app under the description in Google Play or Apple App Store.
2. Once the Instagram app is updated, the users need to swipe right for creating a new story by clicking a picture or tapping ‘Create’ for making a new text story.
3. Next, the users need to swipe up or tap on the sticker icon. Now a new icon mentioning ‘Music’ will be visible.
4. By tapping on the Music icon, the users will get a variety of choices that they can link in their stories.
5. The users then can select the segment of the song that the users can use the song in their story by using a slider. Moreover, the users can also change the font style, size and colour of the lyrics.
6. Once satisfied with the selection, the users are required to tap on ‘Done’, which is available on the top right corner. The users can resize the lyrics as well, and it can also place it in the area required that suits the look of the story. These are steps that the Instagram users can follow to add Music on their stories.