Pakistani Nationals Behind Suicide Bombing That Killed 27 IRGC Members in Iran: Tehran Commander
Representational Image |(Photo Credits: PTI)

Balouchestan, February 19: A senior Revolutionary Guards commander on Tuesday said that the man who carried out a suicide bombing last week on the elite military force were Pakistan nationals. Brigadier General Pakpour, speaking to reporters, said, "two members of the terrorist team and the suicide bomber named Hafiz Mohammad Ali were from Pakistan," reported the Tasnim news agency. Iran Lodges Protest with Pakistan over Sistan-Baluchistan Attack, Issues Joint Statement with India on Pulwama Attack.

Initially, Iran had accused the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia of the attack, which killed 27 guard members. But on Sunday said that the attack was carried out by Pakistan and blamed the neighbouring country for sheltering militants. Pakistan has condemned the attack and said it will cooperate in the investigations. Suicide Bomb Attack Kills 27 of Iran's Elite Revolutionary Guards.

Tweet from ANI:

Earlier last week on Wednesday, February 13, when the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) forces were travelling between the cities of Zahedan and Khash in Sistan and Balouchestan their convoy was hit by a suicide bomber. In the deadly attack, 27 IRGC officials were killed and 13 injured. The attack was claimed by terror outfit Jaish al-Adl (Army of Justice), believed to have a safe haven in Pakistan.