India News | Meghalaya Reports One New COVID-19 Death, Toll Rises to 148

Get latest articles and stories on India at LatestLY. Meghalaya's COVID-19 death toll rose to 148 on Monday, as a one-month-old baby girl succumbed to the infection, health department officials said.

Shillong, Feb 8 (PTI) Meghalaya's COVID-19 death toll rose to 148 on Monday, as a one-month-old baby girl succumbed to the infection, health department officials said.

The baby was admitted to hospital on February 5 and her mother had also tested positive for COVID-19, Health Services director Aman War said.

The state also reported only one COVID-19 case during the day, pushing the tally to 13,886, War said.

Meghalaya now has 134 active COVID-19 cases, the health services director said.

He said three patients were cured of the infection during the day, taking the total number of recoveries to 13,604.

A total of 3.46 lakh samples have been tested for COVID-19 so far in the state, War added.

(The above story is verified and authored by Press Trust of India (PTI) staff. PTI, India’s premier news agency, employs more than 400 journalists and 500 stringers to cover almost every district and small town in India.. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)

Share Now

Share Now