India News | Students Assault Cooks at NIT-Silchar Alleging Mobile Phone Theft, 3 Guards Suspended

Get latest articles and stories on India at LatestLY. Three private security guards of NIT-Silchar were suspended after a group of students beat up the cooks of the college suspecting that they have stole a mobile phone, officials said on Monday.

India | Representational Image

Silchar, Jul 31 (PTI) Three private security guards of NIT-Silchar were suspended after a group of students beat up the cooks of the college suspecting that they have stole a mobile phone, officials said on Monday.

A video of the students thrashing the three cooks, alleging that they stole a mobile phone, went viral on social media.

Also Read | Jaipur-Mumbai Express Firing: RPF Jawan Kills Colleague, Three Passengers After Fight Onboard Moving Train; Arrested (Watch Videos).

Police said they have started an investigation into the incident, and NIT has ordered an inquiry as well.

The incident happened on the campus last week, and the video got viral over the weekend, an NIT official said.

Also Read | Tamil Nadu Road Accident: Four Killed As Car Collides With Speeding Truck in Madurai.

The three security guards were suspended as they failed to stop the assault, he said.

A 15-member committee has been set up by the NIT, and it has been asked to submit a report by August 4, he added.

(The above story is verified and authored by Press Trust of India (PTI) staff. PTI, India’s premier news agency, employs more than 400 journalists and 500 stringers to cover almost every district and small town in India.. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)

Share Now

Share Now