New Delhi, December 2: In a major fillip to Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Digital India initiative, people can now avail various benefits using the UMANG (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) app. Apart from Aadhaar, EPFO and PAN services, people can also track their passport status and avail benefits of various passport related services on the app without going to the passport centre for any enquiry. UMANG, an application which allows people to access government services online, gives them an access to government services on a single platform.
The services included in the app are Aadhaar Services, DigiLocker, Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS), Passport status, Emigration Clearance status, Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) services, permanent account number (PAN) services among other services. Umang App: 'E-Pathshala' Launched For Parents & Students; Platform Now Offers 172 Services From 36 Departments.
Take a look at the tweet:
— RSPrasad Office (@OfficeOfRSP) December 2, 2018
Here’s how you can avail the Passport Seva Service on the Umang App:
- An individual will have to install the UMANG app from Google Play Store or iOS store to avail the benefits. The languages from which a user can chose include Hindi, Punjabi, Odia, Gujarati, Bengali, Assamese, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Marathi, Malayalam and Urdu, besides English.
- Once the app is installed, users can provide their details like name, mobile number, address etc to register in the app. An individual will get an OTP on their mobile number, using which they have to complete the registration process.
- Once the registration is done, go to the Flagship Schemes under ‘Central’ section.
- Click on the Passport Seva app and Log in or Register using your mobile number.
- After logging in, the user will find several options like Locate Centre, Free calculator, Status Tracker, Doc Advisor, Check Appointment Availability. An individual can choose from the various services.
The UMANG application provides 300 governments services from 66 departments in 17 states. The application was released in November last year in 13 languages. With the help of the app, people can locate CBSE exam centres, calculate crop insurance premium, access soil health cards, register and apply for the PMKY programme, raise EPFO claims, track passport details among other things.
Take a look at the services on the Passport Seva Section of the UMANG App:
In November 2017, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had launched a new mobile app – UMANG. According to official documents, the app will provide access to over 1,200 services of various government organisations in states and at the Centre as well as utility payments. Good News For Pensioners! EPFO Introduces ‘View Pension Passbook’ Service on Umang App.
The UMANG provides a single platform for all Indian Citizens to access pan India e-Gov services ranging from Central to Local Government bodies and other citizen-centric services. The app can also be downloaded by directly visiting the website https://web.umang.gov.in. Besides, one can give a missed call or SMS to ‘9718397183’ to get a download link to the app.
The UMANG service has been made available on multiple channels like mobile application, web, IVR and SMS which can be accessed through smartphones, feature phones, tablets and desktops.
(The above story first appeared on LatestLY on Dec 02, 2018 04:02 PM IST. For more news and updates on politics, world, sports, entertainment and lifestyle, log on to our website latestly.com).