Salem, August 30: In a distressing incident, a two-year-old girl tragically died after accidentally consuming mosquito repellent liquid at her home in Chennai. The Madhavaram Milk Colony police have taken action by filing a case of unnatural death. According to the reports, the tragic incident occurred when the deceased child and her elder sister played at their house.

The New Indian Express, citing the police, reported that the deceased toddler, B Lakshmi, was the younger daughter of R Balaji (35) and his wife Nandini. The police said she had an older sister named Sakthi (4). Residing in a house situated at Chinna Mathur in close proximity to Manali, the family of four, along with Balaji's father Ramadoss, lived at the house. The shocking incident occurred Monday when Balaji departed for work while Ramadoss attended an errand. Ahmedabad: Toddler Swallows LED Bulb While Playing With Toy Phone, Undergoes Surgery at Civil Hospital.

The report said during this time, as Nandini was in the shower, her daughters Lakshmi and Sakthi were playing inside the house. Once Nandini came out of the shower, she found Lakshmi with a mosquito-repellent container in her mouth. Responding swiftly, Nandini rushed the frothing Lakshmi to a nearby hospital. However, due to the severity of the situation, Lakshmi was subsequently referred to Government Stanley Hospital, where tragically, she died. Kolkata: Kid Swallows Balloon While Playing, Chokes to Death Despite Best Efforts of Doctors.

In another shocking incident, a one-and-a-half-year-old boy died under puzzling circumstances in Dewas, Madhya Pradesh. According to TOI, Simrol police station in-charge Mansaram Baghel stated that the mother asserted that her son, Raj, suffocated after being given tea. The boy stayed at his maternal grandfather's in Simrol as his father was in jail. The mother stated that the child stopped breathing right after having tea. They promptly took him around 22 km to Indore's Chacha Nehru Hospital, but he was declared dead upon arrival. The police are now questioning why the infant was given tea in the first place.

(The above story first appeared on LatestLY on Aug 30, 2023 10:57 AM IST. For more news and updates on politics, world, sports, entertainment and lifestyle, log on to our website latestly.com).