China Refutes Reports Of People's Liberation Army's Transgression Into Uttarakhand In India
Representational Image (Photo Credits: ANI)

New Delhi, September 14: The Chinese Foreign Ministry yesterday denied reports of its border guards crossing the Line of Actual Control (LAC) along the Indo-Sino borders.  Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Geng Shuang told the Global Times that the Chinese border guards had consistently followed the relevant agreements between the two countries. He termed the incidents as a part of a routine patrol in the Chinese territory.

According to India’s ex-Foreign Secretary, Shyam Saran such issues could be solved through border meeting. Speaking to ANI, Saran said, “There are mechanisms to tackle it, one's border meetings between those who are at borders of India-China, if they can't resolve then they can take it to the higher level.” The Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson also slammed media. He said that border issues should be solved through mechanism rather than through media.

In September, reports surfaced in the media that the Chinese Army transgressed into Indian Territory three times in August and came as much as within 4 km of Indian land space in Uttarakhand's Barahoti area. The People’s Liberation Army (PLA) crossed into the Indian Territory on August 6, 14, and 15. Troops of both the countries were involved in the 73-day long standoff in Bhutan’s Doklam last year which ended on August 28, 2017.