Chinese Army Transgressed Into Uttarakhand Thrice in August: Report
Image used for representational purpose | (Photo Credits: PTI)

Dehradun, September 12: The presence of Chinese Army has been reported in Uttarakhand in the month of August. According to sources quoted by ANI, the People's Liberation Army (Chinese Army) transgressed the Line of Actual Control (LAC) three times in August towards the central sector, Uttarakhand in Barahoti. Reports say that the transgression was 4 kilometre deep.

The transgression has been reported despite talks between Indian and Chinese Army held in July this year. A 10-member delegation of Chinese Army visited India in July with an aim to increase coordination between the militaries of the two countries along their disputed boundary.

The visit by the high-level Chinese military delegation led by Lt Gen Liu Xiaowu, Deputy Commander of Western Theatre Command of Chinese Army, was in sync with decisions taken at an informal summit between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and China’s President Xi Jinping.

Earlier this year, a surge in the number of Chinese troopers was seen in the region of Doklam, where the People's Liberation Army (PLA) and Indian Army were locked in a 73-day standoff last year. However, Army Chief Gen Bipin Rawat had confirmed the escalated presence of Chinese troopers, but said that the issue is not alarming.

Rawat, while speaking at the multilateral Raisina Dialogue, had said that the Chinese side had carried out some infrastructure work in the North Doklam region. However, "most of it is temporary in nature", the Army chief had clarified.