Hyderabad, March 14: More than 30 students fell ill after eating breakfast at the Telangana Minorities Residential Girls School in Hyderabad on Thursday. Soon after the incident, the students were shifted to a nearby hospital for receiving medical treatment. Some of the students were discharged after treatment while some are still under medical attention. Food-Poisoning at IIT Bombay: 30 Students Fall ill After Consuming Sweets, BMC Inspects Hostel Mess.
The students complained of giddiness and vomiting after eating the breakfast following which they were taken to a hospital. According to a report, after the incident officials carried out an inspection of the food and samples of the breakfast has been sent for laboratory analysis. Lizard Found in Mid-Day Meal at Odisha School, 22 Children Fall Ill.
Tweet by ANI:
Hyderabad: More than 30 students of Telangana Minorities Residential Girls School fell ill allegedly after having breakfast today. Students have been shifted to a hospital, their condition is normal, and few of them have been discharged. pic.twitter.com/CNpx8UjFS1
— ANI (@ANI) March 14, 2019
Earlier on Monday, In a similar incident reported from Mumbai, 25 Indian Institute of Technology- Bombay (IIT-Bombay) students fell ill after consuming sweets served at the campus canteen. Soon after the incident, students were sent to the campus hospital for medical treatment and were discharged. Meanwhile, the poisoned food has been sent for lab testing to know the actual cause of the incident.