Kolkata, July 13: In a shocking incident, Kolkata metro has temporarily suspended the services after a passenger died on Saturday after his hand got stuck between the train door at Park Street station. The man was trying to board the metro when his hand got stuck. Reportedly, the train doors, equipped with sensors, is believed to be malfunctioned. Man Crushed to Death by Metro in Gurugram While Crossing Track.
He was dragged for several metres following which the motorman applied emergency breaks and the victim fell to death on metro tracks. According to reports, the incident took place at 6:40 pm. The metro services are suspended between Central and Tollygunge. Kolkata Metro Services Disrupted Between Dum Dum & Kavi Subhash Station After Smoke Detected Inside Metro Train.
Tweet by ANI:
Kolkata: A high-level inquiry has been ordered & an inquiry committee has been set up by the metro authorities in the incident where a man died after a metro train at Park Street station started moving with his hand stuck in the gates, around 6:40 pm today https://t.co/CDRnHZVOhc
— ANI (@ANI) July 13, 2019
The man, identified as 66-year-old Sajal Kumar Kanjilal, was brought dead to the hospital. The Kolkata metro which connects north to south operates in one line which covers 27.22 km from Noapara to Kavi Subhash. Following the incident, a high-level meeting has been ordered by the General Manager (GM) of the Kolkata Metro.