Damoh, July 13: In another case of food poisoning after consuming mid-day meal, fifty children fell ill at a government school in Madhya Pradesh’s Damoh district on July 12. All the children were admitted to a hospital. Samples of food were also sent to the forensic laboratory.
The Madhya Pradesh government has ordered an enquiry into the incident. The government said that the people responsible for the negligence would not be spared and strict action would be taken. The government also added that people preparing the meal should be extra cautious to avoid suchinicdents in future.
Students rushed to a hospital after complaining of food poisoning:
On July 11, in a similar incident in north Delhi, around 30 girl students of a government school fell ill after consuming mid-day meal that allegedly had a dead lizard in it. The students were admitted to Satyawadi Raja Harish Chandra Hospital. The police registered a case based on the complaint and probe was initiated. Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia ordered an inspection of all midday meal kitchens. He also warned of strict action in case of negligence.