Mumbai, February 2: Commuters in Mumbai will face inconvenience for two days, beginning today, as the railways have announced an 11-hour mega block on Western Line for the demolition of Delisle Road bridge at Lower Parel. The demolition will begin on Saturday night and will continue till Sunday morning. On the western line, the major block will be at Lower Parel starting from 10:00 pm on Saturday, February 2 till 9:00 am on Sunday, February 3. Meanwhile, on the Central Line, the mega block will be at Matunga-Mulund down the fast line from 10:30 am to 3:00 pm. On the Harbour Line, the mega block will be at Mankhurd-Nerul up and down lines from 11:30 am to 4:00 pm. Major Block For Lower Parel Delisle Bridge Demolition To Affect Local Trains on Western Line.
On Saturday, February 2, last fast local will leave at 9:44 PM from Churchgate for Virar and the last slow local train will depart at 9.39 PM from Churchgate for Borivali. To avoid chaos and rush, BEST buses will come to the rescue of those stranded due to the mega block between Churchgate and Dadar during the block period. According to a report by TOI, BEST spokesperson B A Zodage was quoted saying that six special buses have been deployed, three from Backbay and three more from Worli depot, to ferry passengers who will be inconvenienced due to the rail block.
On Western Line:
11 Hrs major block At Lower Parel From 10:00 pm on Sat 2nd Feb Till 9:00 am On Sun 3rd Feb:
- During the block all Fast line suburban trains will run between Dadar & Virar/Dahanu Road station & all Slow line suburban trains will run between Bandra-Borivali/Bhayandar/Virar only. Hence, there will be no Fast line suburban services between Churchgate & Dadar stations & no Slow line services between Churchgate & Bandra stations. At the time of the block, some of Up & Down suburban trains. Mail/Express trains will remain cancelled; short terminated & will be re-scheduled, as given below:
Repercussions of Block on Suburban Trains
‣ Last trains on Up & Down Fast & Slow lines:
- The last Slow local train from Churchgate in Down direction Train No. Borivali 91175 will depart from Churchgate at 9:39 pm & will arrive at Borivali at 10:46 pm.
- The last Fast local train from Churchgate in Down direction Train No. Virar 91179 will depart from Churchgate at 9:44 pm & arrive at Virar at 11.10 pm.
- The last Slow local train in Up direction will be Train No. Borivali 91102 which will depart from Borivali at 8:56 pm & arrive at Churchgate at 10:03 pm.
- The last Fast local train in Up direction will be Train No. Virar 91116 which will depart from Virar at 8:35 pm & arrive at Churchgate at 9:57 pm.
‣ During the block period there will be no suburban services between Churchgate & Dadar stations. All Slow local trains in Up direction will run up to Bandra & will be dealt on Platform No. 2 at Bandra. All fast local trains in Up direction will run up to Dadar & will be dealt on Platform No. 4/5 at Dadar.
On the Central Line
Matunga-Mulund Down Fast Line From 10:30 Am To 3:00 pm
- Down fast line services leaving Matunga from 9:53 am to 2:42 pm will be diverted o¬n Down slow line between Matunga & Mulund stations halting at Stations between Sion & Mulund & further re-diverted to Down fast line beyond Thane & arrive destination 20 minutes behind schedule.
- Up fast services leaving Thane from 10:46 am to 3:18 pm will halt at Mulund, Bhandup, Vikhroli, Ghatkopar & Kurla stations in addition to their respective scheduled halts & arrive destination 15 minutes behind schedule.
- All Down & Up slow services leaving/arriving CSMT between 11:00 am and 5:00 pm will arrive destination 15 minutes behind schedule.
On the Harbour Line:
Mankhurd-Nerul Up & Down Lines From 11:30 Am To 4:00 pm
- Down Harbour line services to Panvel/Belapur/Vashi leaving CSMT from 10:03 am to 3:16 pm & Up Harbour line services for CSMT leaving Panvel/Belapur/Vashi from 11:06 am to 3:41 pm will remain cancelled.
- However special trains will be run on CSMT-Mankhurd section during the block period.
- Harbour Line passengers are permitted to travel via Trans-Harbour/Main Line from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm.
According to reports, over 200 trains will be cancelled during the demolition of the Delisle Bridge at Lower Parel. Meanwhile, many long-distance trains will be terminated at Dadar instead of at the Mumbai Central railway station in wake of the major block.