New York: Registered S*x Offender Uses Social Media and Free Tattoos To Lure and S*xually Assault Minors
A 36-year-old registered s*x offender, Andrew Wilkinson, aka 'Steppa,' has been indicted on 10 federal counts for allegedly enticing three girls, ages 15–17, to his Bronx apartment with promises of free tattoos, drugging and s*xually assaulting them, and filming abuse between Dec. 2024 and May 2025, authorities said; US Attorney Jay Clayton and NYPD Commissioner Jessica Tisch announced the charges.
A registered s*x offender identified as Andrew Wilkinson, 36, allegedly used social media and promises of free tattoos to lure three underage girls to his Bronx apartment, where federal prosecutors say he drugged, assaulted and filmed them.
Federal prosecutors said Wilkinson contacted the victims online, one girl was 14 when initially contacted, and persuaded them to visit his apartment with offers of free tattoos, according to the indictment and law-enforcement statements.
The US Attorney’s office in the Southern District of New York returned a 10-count indictment charging Wilkinson, who also uses the nickname “Steppa,” with s*xual exploitation of a minor, coercion and enticement of minors to engage in unlawful s*xual activity, and related offenses.
Prosecutors allege Wilkinson enticed three girls, who were 15, 16 and 17 at the times of the assaults, between December 2024 and May 2025. In one case, investigators say Wilkinson sent more than 800 messages trying to persuade a minor to come to his apartment.
Authorities said Wilkinson used illicit drugs, including methamphetamine and psychedelic mushrooms, to incapacitate and control the victims, and that at least one 16-year-old was unconscious when she was assaulted. Officials also said Wilkinson filmed some of the abuse on his cellphone.
US Attorney Jay Clayton said the s*xual assault of minors and the production and distribution of child pornography remain prevalent concerns in the district, and authorities released Wilkinson’s photo because they are concerned there may be additional victims who have not yet come forward. NYPD Commissioner Jessica Tisch called the alleged conduct “horrific,” saying the abuse of minors has no place in the city.
Wilkinson is a registered s*x offender who previously was convicted on state charges related to rape and s*xual abuse involving a minor, officials said. The new federal counts carry substantial mandatory minimum sentences; prosecutors said one count of s*xual exploitation of a minor carries a mandatory minimum of 15 years, and the enticement counts carry minimums of 10 years each, exposing Wilkinson to lengthy federal prison time if convicted.
Wilkinson’s federal defense attorney, Mark Gombiner, declined to comment when contacted by NBC New York, according to published reports. The Southern District of New York will prosecute the indictment; further court proceedings and any trial dates were not detailed in the announcement.
Federal enticement and child-exploitation statutes carry mandatory minimums in many cases to address the production and dissemination of s*xually explicit material involving minors and the coercion of minors to engage in s*xual activity, which prosecutors emphasized when announcing the charges. Investigators asked anyone with information or additional potential victims to contact the authorities.
(The above story first appeared on LatestLY on Jun 24, 2026 11:03 AM IST. For more news and updates on politics, world, sports, entertainment and lifestyle, log on to our website latestly.com).