Toddler Kidnapped by Mother’s Lover After She Refuses to Elope With Him, Found After 2 Days at APMC Market in Vashi
(Representational image)

Mumbai, April 21: In a shocking incident, a three-year-old toddler from Navi Mumbai was allegedly kidnapped by his mother’s lover and was released two days later. Reports inform that the boy was rescued by the police from APMC Market in Vashi on Saturday. According to a report by Hindustan Times, the incident took place in Rabale. As soon as the incident was reported, police launched a search operation and arrested the 32-year-old accused. The accused has been identified as Hemant More, who used to work at the market. He was produced before a judicial court and has been remanded in police custody. Greater Noida: Wife Chops Off Husband's Head, Dumps Body to Elope With Lover. 

Police investigations reveal that the toddler’s mother and Hemant had an extra-marital affair for the past six months. The HT report quotes Sachin Pawar, sub-inspector from Rabale police station, saying that a few months ago, the accused asked the toddler’s mother to elope with him, but the woman was not ready to leave her son and husband. Investigation reveal that after the woman refused to elope with him, More planned to kidnap her son. To Elope With Facebook Lover, Andhra Woman Gets Husband Killed. 

Pawar added saying that the accused tried convincing the woman for two to three months, but all his efforts went in vain. The accused assumed that if her son was taken away from her, the woman would come to stay with him. The accused was earlier arrested by the Shivaji Nagar police station in Mumbai after he got into a scuffle with some locals.

Police informed that the incident took place on Thursday when the woman and her son went to a nearby market and More met them there. After a while, he lifted the boy and took him away in an autorickshaw and fled. Soon after, the woman and her husband then approached the police to register a complaint. Following this, police teams visited More’s residence at Govandi, but couldn’t find the child there.

The report informs that the accused had switched off his phone after the incident due to which police couldn’t trace his location. Later, several men at APMC Market informed that More was at the APMC market with the toddler, following which, one of the police team rushed to the spot and rescued the boy and handed him over to his parents.