Uttar Pradesh: 5 Workers Die After Inhaling Poisonous Gas From Septic Tank
Septic Tank representational Image (Photo credits: Flickr.com)

Sultanpur, November 1: Five persons died on Friday after inhaling poisonous gas from a septic tank that was being repaired in Katghar Chiranepatti village under Dostpur police station in Sultanpur.

Six persons, according to reports, had gone down a septic tank to repair it. Five persons died within minutes while the sixth person was taken out unconscious. He has been admitted to the district hospital in a critical condition. Assam: 3 Workers Die Due to Suffocation in Septic Tank; Police Register Case of Unnatural Death.

Chief minister Yogi Adityanath has expressed grief over the incident and has directed officials to ensure proper treatment of the person whop has been hospitalized.