World Chocolate Day or International Chocolate Day 2021 is almost here. Celebrated every year on July 7, the day is dedicated to celebrating the wonderful creation called chocolates. Seriously, what if there were no chocolates. There would be no chocolate cakes, mousses, soufflé, pudding pies, brownies, yeah, none of all that goodness. But why think of something so bad, especially when we are inching towards the special day dedicated to chocolates! In fact, here’s a list of mind-blowing facts about chocolates to make this World Chocolate Day 2021 sweet and special.
1. Sweet chocolates come from the cocoa mass, which is prepared from fermenting cacao seeds, which have an intensely bitter taste.
2. Several types of chocolate are classified according to the proportion of cocoa used in a particular formulation.
3. Some of the popular types are Milk Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, White Chocolate, Raw Chocolate, etc.
4. Chocolate usage and consumption are primarily in three ways - bars, coating and filling and beverages.
5. Researchers have found evidence that dark chocolate can help reduce the risk of heart disease.
6. Meanwhile, milk chocolate eating "during a narrow window of time in the morning" may help promote weight loss.
7. Many studies claim chocolates improve memory, reduce stress. Cocoa flavanols can improve memory in older people.
8. Le Chocolat Box by Simon Jewelers is widely regarded as the world's most expensive chocolate, priced $1.5million per box!
9. Ivory Coast, Ghana, Indonesia, Nigeria and Cameroon are the top cocoa-producing countries in 2021.
10. Switzerland, Germany, Ireland, United Kingdom, United States, Sweden are some countries that eat the most chocolate.
Hope, you celebrate this wonderful day with family, friends and partners by indulging in chocolaty delicacies. Or just grab a chocolate bar to treat your taste buds. TBH, you need no reason or day to gorge on chocolates, provided you love it, and it does no harm to your health. Happy World Chocolate Day 2021!
(The above story first appeared on LatestLY on Jul 06, 2021 07:07 PM IST. For more news and updates on politics, world, sports, entertainment and lifestyle, log on to our website latestly.com).