Most of the people love winter but it is not the same with skin. The hot showers, baths and low humidity levels in air also contribute to the problem and the impact of all these problems makes the skin cracked, chapped, dehydrated and itchy. Therefore, it is very important that our skin obtains maximum nourishment and care during the chilly season. Karan Gupta, Director and Men's Grooming Expert, Qraa Herbals and Jeetendra Jain, Director and Skin Care Expert, Oshea Herbals, have rolled out some quick remedies to nourish skin in winters. Winter 2018 Skin Care: How to Keep Your Lips Soft and Hands Moisturised During Cold Weather.
5 Winter Skincare Tips
1. Moisturise: Wash your face with lukewarm water and apply any cocoa honey moisturiser. The combination of the natural ingredients, cocoa and honey is amazing to use in winters as they are excellent moisturisers which also soothe the skin from irritation and redness. A layer of this moisturiser can help you evade the dryness in winters, very quickly. Also, moisturize your skin before you hit the bed.
2. Stay Hydrated: Drink water, fresh juices and also eat ghee to re-establish the lost humidity from within. The water helps in hydrating our skin while the ghee is also a good moisturising constituent for skin in winters. Applying ghee on the dry areas of your skin is also beneficial. Whereas, fresh juices will bring in glow to your skin.
3. Face Scrubs: Use face scrubs that have ingredients like apricot and charcoal in them which shall replenish the skin during winters. Exfoliators help in evading the dead skin and bring out the glowing skin. Beauty Benefits of Charcoal: Use Activated Charcoal for Glowing Skin and Healthy Hair.
4. DIY Face Masks: Use DIY (Do It Yourself) and homemade masks to the rescue. A very good skin mask can be made of almond powder and milk. Almonds are a rich source of vitamin E and milk is an exceptional moisturizer. This face mask will very effectively make your skin soft and glowing.
5. Avoid Hot Showers: Avoid taking hot water showers and minimise the amount of time you take in the shower. These hot water showers are not welcomed by the skin in winters as they make the skin dull and dry. Also, replace your soap and body washes with natural oils as they can be very harsh for the skin.
Winter is one of the most loved seasons as the breeze is cool and the weather is pleasant. Winter is also the season to cosy up and one can stay indoors to stay warm. But your skin can take a toll as dryness is common during this season. These simple tips and remedies will help your skin stay stay soft and supple.
(With IANS Inputs)