Harmanpreet Kaur scripted history by becoming the first Indian cricketer ever to appear in 100 Twenty20 International matches for India. The Indian Women’s team captain had earlier overtaken MS Dhoni and Rohit Sharma to become the most-capped T20I player for India and added another feather to her already illustrious career by becoming the first Indian international to play 100 Twenty20 matches. She achieved the feat when she stepped out for the toss during the sixth and final T20I game of a six-match T20I series between India Women and South Africa Women. Live Cricket Streaming of India Women vs South Africa Women, 6th T20I Match 2019 on Hotstar and Star Sports: Watch Free Telecast and Live Score of IND-W vs SA-W Twenty20 Clash on TV and Online.
Kaur had also become the fourth Indian player to score 2000 or more runs in Twenty20 Internationals. The 30-year-old joined Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma and Mithali Raj in scoring 2000 T20I runs for India. She is also the second Indian Women’s cricketer and eighth overall Women’s cricketer to cross the 2000-run barrier in T20I cricket. Take a look at some of the records she smashed when Kaur stepped out for the toss in the 6th T20I game in Surat.
- Harmanpreet Kaur became the first Indian cricketer ever to appear in 100 Twenty20 Internationals for India.
- The Indian Women's Team Captain is making her 100th T20l Appearance as India face South Africa in the sixth and final T20I game of a six-match T20I series in Surat.
- Harmanpreet Kaur overtook MS Dhoni and Rohit Sharma to become the most-capped T20I player for India.
- MS Dhoni and Rohit Sharma are the joint-most capped men’s T20I player for India. Both Dhoni and Rohit are tied on 98 appearances for India in Twenty20 Internationals.
- Harmanpreet Kaur became the 1st Indian Women’s Cricketer and 10th overall to appear in 100 or more Twenty20 International matches for their respective national teams.
- Shoaib Malik of Pakistan, Suzie Bates of New Zealand and Australia’s Ellyse Perry are the highest-capped T20I players across both men’s and women’s cricket teams. All three Players have made 111 T20I appearances each.
- Harmanpreet Kaur is also the fourth Indian cricketer after Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma and Mithali Raj to complete 2000 runs in Twenty20 internationals. Kaur has scored 2003 runs from 99 games.
- Virat Kohli is the highest Indian T20I run-scorer across both the men’s and women’s categories. The Indian men’s cricket team captain has 2450 runs from 72 matches. Rohit Sharma has 2443 runs after 98 games and Mithali Raj has scored 2364 runs in 89 T20I games.
- Harmanpreet Kaur is the second Indian Women’s cricketer and eighth overall Women’s player to complete 2000 T20I runs. Suzie Bates with 3100 runs is the highest women’s run-scorer in Twenty20 Internationals.
- Virat Kohli is the highest T20I run-scorer in the men’s category and Rohit Sharma is second-highest run-scorer. Mithali Raj is the highest Indian Women’s run-scorer in T20I cricket.
Harmanpreet Kaur Creates History
Meanwhile, India has already clinched the six-match T20I series and currently has an unassailable 3-0 lead in the T20I series with a match in a hand. India beat South Africa by 11 runs in the first T20I game before also trumping their opponents by 51 runs and five-wickets in the fourth and fifth T20I clash. The second and third game were abandoned due to inclement weather.