Indian Skipper Virat Kohli will turn 31 on Tuesday (November 5, 2019). Hailing from Delhi, the right-handed batting has become a batting juggernaut and is even regarded as one of the best players to have stepped onto the cricket field. Crashing records and tormenting bowlers is just a part of Kohli’s daily routine as the stalwart is just becoming better with time. The Indian skipper has mind-boggling numbers in all the formats of the game which anyone could boast off. The veteran has grown his stature to such a level that his failures are grabbing more headlines than his success. Along with his tremendous ability with the bat, Kohli is also a proven leader too and has already become one of the most successful Indian captains of all time. Happy Birthday Virat Kohli: 7 Unknown Facts About the Indian Captain As he Turns 31.
August 18, 2008, was the date when Virat Kohli made his international debut and his mission of dismantling the bowlers. To date, the batsman has played 82 Tests in which he has amassed 7066 at an average of 54.70. In ODIs, the veteran has amassed 11,520 in 239 matches at a jaw-dropping average of 60.31. Talking about the shortest format of the game, Virat has 2450 runs at an average of 50. Along with this, the batting genius has also piled up 69 centuries and seems all set to break Sachin Tendulkar’s tally of hundred international tons. Making and Breaking records has become a habit of the Indian skipper and it will interesting to see, what all Virat will achieve by the end of his career. So, as the Indian Skipper is approaching his 31st birthday, let’s look at the records held by the Indian batting giant. Virat Kohli Workout and Diet: Indian Cricket Team Skipper is a Fitness Freak And These Videos Are Proof!
- Virat Kohli is the fastest batsman to reach the landmarks of 9000, 10000 and 11000 runs in ODIs.
- The Indian skipper is the only batsman to score three consecutive centuries against two separate oppositions. Kohli achieved the rare feat against Sri Lanka in 2019 and against West Indies in 2018.
- The right-handed batsman is the fastest batsman to amass 4000 Test runs as captain. He achieved the feat in 65 innings.
- The batsman holds the record of the fastest ODI century by an Indian. In 2013, Virat notched up a century off just 52 deliveries.
- Virat Kohli is the first and only batsman to register double hundreds in four consecutive Test series.
- The 30-year old has hods the record of most double-hundreds (7) as a captain in Tests.
- Virat Kohli is only the third batsman to have achieved the number one batsman rankings in Test, ODI and T20I. The other two were Mathew Hayden and Ricky Ponting.
- In 2018, Virat piled up 558 runs in an ODI series against South Africa which are most for a batsman in a bilateral ODI series.
- The batsman scored 2818 runs in 2017 which are third-most by a batsman in a calendar year.
- Kohli is the fastest to complete 15000, 16000, 17000, 18000, 19000, 20000 and 21000 runs in International cricket.
- The Indian skipper has registered 26 centuries while chasing in ODIs which are most for any batsman.
- He is the only batsman in the world to have an average in excess of 50 in all three formats.
- Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma have shared four double-century in ODIs which are most for any pair.
- The batsman is the only player to receive the Man of the Tournament award twice in the T20 World Cup. (2014 and 2016).
These statistics are phenomenal by any standards and make Kohli the undisputable king of cricket in the modern era. As of now, the Delhi-born lad has been rested for ongoing India vs Bangladesh T20I series. Virat will be back in the action in the two-match Test series against Bangladesh. The stalwart has shown great form in recent times and will aim to guide India to the title in the ICC T20 World Cup 2020 and ICC Test Championship.