46-Year-Old Ronaldinho Announces Comeback, Brazil Legend Signs With Serie C Side Ravenna
Brazilian football legend Ronaldinho, aged 46, has made a surprising move to Italian Serie C club Ravenna FC, announced today, June 20, 2026. While the signing sparked initial speculation of a playing return, officials confirm his role will primarily focus on marketing and promotional activities, aiming to elevate the club's global profile.
Brazilian football icon Ronaldinho, renowned for his dazzling skills and infectious smile, has made a sensational 'comeback' to the sport, signing with Italian Serie C outfit Ravenna. The news, announced today, June 20, 2026, sees the 46-year-old World Cup winner link up with the third-tier club, generating immense excitement and widespread speculation about a potential comeback to competitive action. Neymar ‘Working from Home’ Brazil President Lula Takes Dig at Star Player Ahead of FIFA World Cup 2026 Clash Against Scotland (Watch Video).
However, club officials have quickly moved to clarify that Ronaldinho's involvement will predominantly be off the pitch, focusing on marketing, promotional activities, and a strategic investor role, rather than lacing up his boots for Serie C matches.
A Marketing Masterstroke
Ravenna owner Ignazio Cipriani, a US-based Italian businessman, confirmed the landmark acquisition, expressing his personal admiration for the Brazilian maestro. 'Acquiring Ronaldinho is something truly extraordinary for Ravenna. He was my idol growing up, and his impact on football extends far beyond what he achieved on the pitch,' Cipriani stated as per ANSA.
The club's vice-president, Ariedo Braida, who previously worked with Ronaldinho at AC Milan, initially tempered expectations regarding a playing return. 'Ronaldinho will take part in marketing events with us, but he will not play for Ravenna in Serie C next season. Also because he's 46, I wish he could still play,” Braida told reporters. However, Braida later hinted at a slight possibility, noting, 'Will he play? We'll see, but it’s not ruled out. As I already said, he is a timeless champion.'
Ronaldinho, whose last professional appearance came with Fluminense in 2015, also shared his enthusiasm for this new chapter. 'New colours, same smile. I can't wait to dance on the ball again and write a new story together with Ignazio and the entire Cipriani family. Football has always been a source of joy for me, and I want to bring that same spirit to Ravenna,' he remarked. Neymar Fit for Brazil vs Scotland FIFA World Cup 2026 Clash as Coach Carlo Ancelotti Confirms Star Player's Return.
Unveiling in Miami
The official unveiling of Ronaldinho as a Ravenna figurehead is set to take place at a special event in Miami on Tuesday, June 23, 2026. This event is expected to draw significant international attention, underscoring the global appeal that Ronaldinho continues to command. The move is seen as a strategic coup for Ravenna, aiming to boost the club's profile, attract new sponsors, and engage a broader fanbase both domestically and internationally.
While fans worldwide might still harbour dreams of seeing the two-time FIFA World Player of the Year weave his magic on a professional pitch, Ronaldinho's return to the football landscape with Ravenna marks a fascinating development, highlighting the enduring commercial power and emotional connection that legends like him still hold for the beautiful game. The focus now shifts to how this partnership will unfold and the impact it will have on Ravenna FC's journey in Serie C.
(The above story first appeared on LatestLY on Jun 20, 2026 07:31 PM IST. For more news and updates on politics, world, sports, entertainment and lifestyle, log on to our website latestly.com).