We previously reported that WhatsApp has started rolling out Picture-in-Picture (PIP) feature to all stable Android users. The Facebook-owned company has been adding new features to the platform constantly only to improve the overall user experience. After rolling out the update to stable users on Android and iOS, the company has started introducing this new PIP feature to WhatsApp Web for desktop users. This new feature on WhatsApp Web enables the users to watch shared videos in the chat window itself and giving them the option of continuing the chat. Child Pornography: WhatsApp Fails To Remove Child Sex Abuse Videos; XXX Links Shared Via Free Android Apps.
WhatsApp Web to globally support PiP for shared videos today!https://t.co/6O0XTeKo2b
— WABetaInfo (@WABetaInfo) December 20, 2018
As per the report from WABetaInfo, the company is introducing this PIP feature mode in scheduled phases. The WhatsApp Web users across the globe will receive this feature on 0.3.1846 version. The users won’t be required to manually update the WhatsApp. Once the update is done, PIP mode will be added automatically to the platform.
Here’s How You Can Download Picture-in-Picture (PIP) Feature for Desktop Users-
1. Firstly, the users need to update WhatsApp to the latest version of 0.3.1846
2. Once WhatsApp is updated, the users should navigate to WhatsApp and open the chat in which the third party video link is received.
3. Now, there will be a video card with a blurred background image along with platform logo.
4. The users need to tap on the link.
5. After tapping, a video will be played on the top half of the chat window.
6. The users also get an option to watch the videos in full-screen mode.
It is also important to note that once the user exits WhatsApp Web, the video playback will be stopped immediately. If the users need to check on the version of the WhatsApp, they should head to WhatsApp Web > Settings > Help.