WhatsApp, a popular instant messaging app across the globe has been adding new features to the platform to enhance the overall user experience. After rolling several new features, WhatsApp is now gearing up to introduce a private reply feature to the messenger. As per the new reports from the market, the Facebook-owned platform has started rolling out the new private reply features to the beta users. This new feature enables the WhatsApp users to chat privately in a particular group. Happy Diwali 2018 Advance Wishes & Stickers: Best WhatsApp Messages, GIF Images, SMS, Facebook Cover Photos and Status to Send Deepavali Greetings.
As a reminder, this new feature was also spotted previously (almost a year ago) when WhatsApp accidentally rolled out the feature for Windows phone through a beta update. Though, the feature was removed immediately from the OS, the users are still waiting for the Private chat feature for quite some time now. WhatsApp Stickers for Diwali 2018: Messaging App Should Introduce Festive Sticker Packs for Diwali Greetings and Messages.
The new feature on WhatsApp will allow the users to send private messages to a group member without letting the other members of the group to know about the same. Initially spotted by Wabetainfo, this new privately reply feature is rolled out to WhatsApp beta version 2.18.335. WhatsApp Introduces Stickers: Are GIFs, Emoticons & Stickers Taking Us Back to Pre-Historic Era of Language & Communication?
Here's how one can chat privately in a group with the new feature on WhatsApp-
1. As the feature is currently rolled out for the beta users only, you need to have a beta tester version of the WhatsApp.
2. If you are already a beta user, then it is recommended that you should update to the latest version of the app - 2.18.335 (Beta).
3. After updating the WhatsApp to the latest version, you need to navigate to any WhatsApp group and long press on the person with whom you are willing to reply privately.
4. After that, now tap on the three vertical dots on the top right corner. And then, select the 'Reply Privately' option to send your message privately.
5. The contact will receive your message in a personal chat.
It is very essential to note that the new beta update on WhatsApp seems to be a little buggy and it frequently crashes whenever you try to delete a media in a chat.