SOCIAL & VIRAL

UFO Files: US Air Force F-16C Shot Down Alleged UAP, Shows Video in Second Tranche

The Trump administration has released new UFO files, including Pentagon footage showing an F-16 fighter jet shooting down an unidentified object over Lake Huron in 2023. The object was struck by a US 'weapons system,' believed to be an AIM-9X missile, causing it to fragment mid-air. Officials said the release is part of a broader transparency effort, though the object’s origin remains unknown.

UFO Files: US Air Force F-16C Shot Down Alleged UAP, Shows Video in Second Tranche
1
2
3
4
5

The Trump administration has released a new batch of UFO files, including previously unseen Pentagon video showing a US F-16 fighter jet shooting down an unidentified object over Lake Huron in Michigan, in an incident that occurred in February 2023.

The video, captured using infrared sensors, shows a small object with a round or diamond-like shape and a jagged tail being struck mid-air by what the Pentagon described as a US “weapons system,” resulting in a mid-air explosion and fragmentation. UFO Files 2nd Batch Released: Trump Admin Unseals Another Batch of Documents Linked to UAP Encounters.

US Air Force F-16C Shot Down Alleged UFO

Video Shows Mid-Air Strike Over Lake Huron

The newly released video depicts the moment an F-16 fighter jet intercepted and struck the object over Lake Huron. The Pentagon said the object was hit on February 12, 2023. The object is seen exploding upon impact, with debris scattering in multiple directions following what officials described as a high-energy collision.

In the military’s description of the incident, officials said: “The footage appears to depict a kinetic interaction between two distinct areas of contrast, with the initial subject of the footage fragmenting in a radial displacement pattern that suggests a high-energy event.” Do Aliens Exist? UFO Files Show No Strong Evidence of Alien Life, Says Analyst Mick West (Video).

In simpler terms, the Air Force used kinetic weaponry, likely a missile, to strike the UFO, causing it to break apart after the explosion.

Missile Type and Military Details

Congresswoman Anna Paulina Luna stated in a March letter requesting release of the footage that the weapon used was an AIM-9X “Sidewinder” missile. According to Pentagon records, the aircraft involved was an F-16C “Fighting Falcon” operated by the US Air National Guard, a reserve force made up of pilots, mechanics and support personnel.

The F-16 is typically equipped with air-to-air missiles including the AIM-9X Sidewinder and AIM-120 AMRAAM. Officials did not disclose why the fighter jet was scrambled or the base from which it was launched.

The video was part of a broader release of 46 new videos issued by a Pentagon-led committee responsible for declassifying US government UFO records.

Secretary of War Pete Hegseth said in a statement: “The Department of War is in lockstep with President Trump to bring unprecedented transparency regarding our government’s understanding of Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena.”

“These files, hidden behind classifications, have long fueled justified speculation, and it’s time the American people see it for themselves. This release of declassified documents demonstrates the Trump Administration’s earnest commitment to unprecedented transparency.”

Rating:5

TruLY Score 5 – Trustworthy | On a Trust Scale of 0-5 this article has scored 5 on LatestLY. It is verified through official sources (US Department of War). The information is thoroughly cross-checked and confirmed. You can confidently share this article with your friends and family, knowing it is trustworthy and reliable.

(The above story first appeared on LatestLY on May 22, 2026 08:11 PM IST. For more news and updates on politics, world, sports, entertainment and lifestyle, log on to our website latestly.com).