India News | Palghar Lynching Case: 19 More Held, Sent to Judicial Custody

Get latest articles and stories on India at LatestLY. Nineteen more people have been arrested in the Palghar mob lynching case and later sent to judicial custody, officials of Criminal Investigation Department (CID), Maharashtra, said on Thursday.

Palghar (Maharashtra) [India], December 24 (ANI): Nineteen more people have been arrested in the Palghar mob lynching case and later sent to judicial custody, officials of Criminal Investigation Department (CID), Maharashtra, said on Thursday.

Four minors have also been detained in connection with the case.

248 people have been arrested so far in the case out of which 105 persons have got bail.

The case pertains to the mob lynching of two sadhus and their driver on the night of April 16 this year, when they were travelling from Kandivali in Mumbai to attend a funeral in Gujarat's Surat amid the nationwide lockdown and their vehicle was stopped and they were allegedly attacked and killed by a mob in Gadchinchile village in the presence of police officers. (ANI)

(The above story is verified and authored by ANI staff, ANI is South Asia's leading multimedia news agency with over 100 bureaus in India, South Asia and across the globe. ANI brings the latest news on Politics and Current Affairs in India & around the World, Sports, Health, Fitness, Entertainment, & News. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)

Share Now

Share Now