Chhattisgarh: Five People Die of Asphyxiation Inside Septic Tank In Jashpur District
Representational Image (Photo Credits: ANI)

Raipur, September 16: In a tragic incident, five persons died of suspected asphyxiation inside a septic tank of a house in Jashpur district of Chhattisgarh on Sunday. According to a report published in Hindustan Times, the five had gone inside the tank for some repair work. Amongst the deceased was the 45-year-old Savitri, house owner’s wife, Savitri. The other four deceased were identified as 60-year-old Badu Tam, 19-year-old Paramjeet Paikra and two workers Ramjeevan Ram (35) and Ishwar Sai (40).

According to the report, initially, two workers went into the septic tank in Pandripani village under Farsabahar police station to remove the wooden logs supporting the slab of the tank. As they did not come out two others went inside. When nobody return, the owner’s wife went inside, and she too did not come out. A child who was around informed the villagers. All the five were rushed to a hospital but declared dead. However, the exact reason for the deaths will be confirmed after the post-mortem.

In a similar incident, five sanitation workers allegedly suffocated to death after inhaling toxic fumes while cleaning a sewer. The incident took place on September 9 afternoon when all the five people, aged between 22 and 30 years were cleaning the drain near DLF flats in west Delhi’s Moti Nagar area. Following the deaths, the AAP government on Monday ordered a probe into the incident.