Narendra Dabholkar Murder Case: Accused Sharad Kalaskar Sent to CBI Custody Till September 17, Amol Kale Remanded to Judicial Custody for 14 Days
Narendra Dabholkar murder case (Photo Credits: PTI)

New Delhi, Sep 15: Sharad Kalaskar, an accused in Narendra Dabholkar murder case, has been sent to Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) custody till September 17. Kalaskar was one of the two shooters who allegedly killed anti-superstition activist Narendra Dabholkar in August 2013, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) told a Pune court earlier this week. The court remanded him in the central probe agency's custody till September 10.

According to a report by PTI, Kalaskar is an expert in 'weapon handling and was involved in "making of bombs", the CBI told Judicial Magistrate SMA Sayyad. Kalaskar was arrested in August by the Maharashtra ATS in connection with the seizure of arms and ammunition from different parts of the state.

The other alleged shooter, Sachin Andure, is now in judicial remand. Andure, a resident of Maharashtra's Aurangabad district, was made on August 18. Officials inform that he is believed to be one of the shooters who fired at Dabholkar in Pune on August 20, 2013, in broad daylight Dabholkar was running a campaign against superstition.

On Friday, Amol Kale, one of the accused in the murder case of rationalist Narendra Dabholkar, was on Friday sent to judicial custody for 14 days. According to a report by PTI, Kale, who was already in judicial custody as Karnataka Special Investigation Team (SIT) was investigating the Bengaluru-based journalist-cum-activist Gauri Lankesh murder case, will now be taken back to the city.