Banda, April 13: In an act of heroism, a pet dog saved more than 30 lives by alerting people about a devastating fire in the middle of the night. The fire broke out at a residential-cum-commercial building in Uttar Pradesh's Banda on Friday. As soon as the dog noticed the raging fire, it alerted those who were sleeping by barking. The pet animal, however, died after a gas cylinder exploded.
According to an eye-witness, the dog kept barking after the fire broke out. "The animal alerted everyone and allowed them to escape safely. The dog later died when a cylinder blasted," he told news agency ANI. The building once housed a furniture factory in the basement and first floor, while an electronic showroom was on the second floor. The families used to stay in the third and fourth floors of the building. Man Killed After Quarrel Over Pet Dog.
The structure caught fire due to a short circuit in the basement, fire official Vinay Kumar said. There were cylinders that exploded in the fire, leading to the collapse of four nearby buildings. Heroic Pet Dog Saves His Owners From Two Tigers at Kanha Forest in Madhya Pradesh.
An operation to clean the debris was underway. The fire department is likely to register an FIR against the owner of the building for allegedly running an illegal furniture factory without following proper norms.
(The above story first appeared on LatestLY on Apr 13, 2019 02:47 PM IST. For more news and updates on politics, world, sports, entertainment and lifestyle, log on to our website latestly.com).