Ludhiana, July 8: At least three labourers were electrocuted to death in Punjab on Sunday. According to a tweet by ANI, the labourers were electrocuted while they were constructing a wall of a building near Tibba road.
In June, a similar incident surfaced from Madhya Pradesh's Bhopal where two minor labourers were electrocuted. The incident took place after they accidentally came in contact with the overhead electricity wires at Piplani. Reports inform that the victims were identified as Durgesh Prajapati and Ajay Shakya, both aged 17.
Earlier in May, in a similar incident, five labourers died of electrocution in Gujarat. The incident took place after an iron ladder they were carrying came in contact with an overhead high-tension electricity cable at Bhayavadar village in Amreli district.
According to a report by PTI, the incident took place when the labourers were working at the site of a religious event in the village located in Kunkavav taluka. "The iron ladder that the victims were carrying accidentally touched an 11,000-volt power cable running overhead, due to which they were killed on the spot," an official of Vadia police station.