Osaka, June 27: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday addressed the Indian diaspora in Japan's Osaka, where he has arrived to attend the G20 summit. Modi's address was marred with chants of "Jai Shri Ram" and "Vande Mataram" as he thanked the overseas community for playing a role in the landslide victory accorded to him in the general elections.
Modi said India's soft power across the world has increased due to the patriotic community of overseas Indians abroad. The PM told the gathering that his regime has instilled confidence of a better future in all 130 crore Indians, adding that it has been the first instance in last four decades when a government has been re-elected with a brute mandate. Modi to Meet Donald Trump, Shinzo Abe on Day 1 of G20 Summit
Top Quotes of PM Modi's Speed to Indian Diaspora in Japan:
- "I'm fortunate to be here once again after 7 months. It's a coincidence that last time I was here, election results were out here and you had shown trust in my dear friend Shinzo Abe. Today when I'm here, the largest democracy has shown even greater trust in this Pradhan Sevak".
- "Sabka saath, sabka vikas and people have now added the sweetness of 'sabka vishwas'. We are going ahead with this mantra. India will be made stronger."
- "When it comes to India's relations with the world, Japan holds an important position. These relations are not from today but dates back to centuries. It has harmony and respect for each other's culture in its foundation."
- "Swami Vivekananda, Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore, Mahatma Gandhi, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose, Justice Radhabinod Pal, many Indians strengthened India's relationship with Japan. And that's why after World War-2, India and Japan's relationship grew all the more strong."
- "After I became PM in 2014 I got an opportunity to strengthen India-Japan friendship, together with my friend PM Shinzo Abe. We took our diplomatic relations beyond the purview of capitals and ambassadors and took them directly among public."
- "Besides Delhi and Ahmedabad, I had the opportunity to take PM Abe to Varanasi. He visited my parliamentary constituency & participated in the Ganga aarti there. Whenever he got the opportunity, he spoke of this divine experience."
- "We managed Cyclone Fani with minimum damage and world praised that govt machinery, human resource and space technology can be used to perform well. Also, we'll launch Chandrayaan-2 in few months and by 2022 we're planning to launch India's maiden human spaceflight program-Gaganyaan."
Watch: 'Jai Shri Ram' and 'Vande Mataram' Slogans Raised by Indian Diaspora
#WATCH Japan: Slogans of 'Vande Mataram', 'Jai Sri Ram' raised at community event at the Hyogo Prefecture Guest House, in Kobe after the conclusion of PM Narendra Modi's address. pic.twitter.com/E5C2kAtpWL
— ANI (@ANI) June 27, 2019
Earlier in the day, Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe wished Prime Minister Modi on storming back to power and also announced his visit to India later this year. "Indo Japanese relationship has the greatest potential in the world. We must work hand in hand to bring the level to high dimension. Next time it is my turn to visit India and I am looking forward to it," Abe said.