If there is a baby in the house then one has to always be careful about the things kept around the child. The surroundings have to baby proof or one needs to keep a constant eye on the activities of the child. In a recent case, a family member's negligence has resulted in something really scary for a child. In an incidence from Uttar Pradesh, a two-year-old girl was electrocuted by a mobile charger. The toddler who was at her grandmother's house put a charger with its switch on in her mouth and got electrocuted. The incident took place in Bulandshahr’s Jahangirabad region on May 25. Andhra Pradesh: Man Electrocuted to Death as Mobile Phone Explodes During Charging.

The little girl had come to her grandmother's house with her mother Razia. Originally from Delhi's Mustafabad, Razia came along with her husband and child in Ansaariyan colony of Jahangirabad in Bulandhshahr on Friday. Just a day after, the child put the charger in her mouth and caused the accident. The charger was left unattended after someone charged their phone and later removed it. The switch was left on. Man Dies of Electrocution in Kolkata, Touches a Partially Damaged Electrical Distribution Box.

As per Jahangirabad police station, station house officer Akhilesh Pradhan's statement to TOI, "The family has not approached us with any police complaint, so a case has not been filed. However, if somebody approaches us for a complaint, it will be done according to the norms." Nothing is known about the condition of the child, but it is indeed sad that someone else's negligence could have almost killed the child. It is a very common habit, to unplug the phone and leave the charger switch as it is, but it is a dangerous habit, not only for children but in general. So parents especially, be really careful about such things.

(The above story first appeared on LatestLY on May 22, 2019 12:04 PM IST. For more news and updates on politics, world, sports, entertainment and lifestyle, log on to our website latestly.com).