Ace Indian shuttler Parupalli Kashyap celebrates his birthday on Sunday, September 8. The star Indian badminton player turned 33 today. Kashyap has been a popular name when talking about men's badminton in India. The 5 foot 8-inch tall sportsman has three major career titles to his name. He has won three Commonwealth Games medals till now which are - Gold in men's singles in 2014 Games in Glasgow, Silver in Mixed team in 2010 Games in New Delhi and a Bronze in Men's singles in the same tournament. Saina Nehwal Talks About Marriage to Parupalli Kashyap, Walking in LFW 2019, Injuries and Badminton.
The right-handed player is currently ranked 31st in men's singles, however, in 2013 he had achieved 6th spot, which has been the highest rank he ever held so far. Kashyap has been a consistent performer in badminton in men's category for India in recent years. On the occasion of Parupalli Kashyap's birthday, here are some lesser-known things to know about the Indian shuttler. BWF World Championships 2019: Parupalli Kashyap, Saina Nehwal Slam 'Bad Umpiring'.
- Parupalli Kashyap married popular Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal on December 14, 2018. The couple dated for many years before finally tying the knot.
- His coach Pullela Gopichand is former Indian badminton player, who is also a former All England Open Badminton Champion.
- Kashyap was diagnosed with asthma in 2004 but he put a lot of efforts to overcome the problem and excelled in his badminton career later.
- P Kashyap was awarded Arjuna Award in 2012 by Indian Government.
- Kashyap is supported by Olympic Gold Quest, which is a not-for-profit foundation supporting Indian athletes.
Kashyap and Nehwal, who married each other last year, have become a popular sports couple in India. Nehwal is a top badminton player of India with an Olympic Bronze medal (London 2012) in her name. Kashyap is still an active shuttler and eyeing an Olympic medal. He has been training hard for the upcoming Tokyo 2020 Olympics. Wish you Good luck Kashyap and Happy Birthday!