Over the years, Sania Mirza has truly emerged as one of the biggest sporting icons of the country. Born on 14 November 1986, Sania has been under the microscope for the choices made by her. Whether it’s her candid interviews or her choice of marriage, the tennis ace has grabbed headlines for the same. However, she has been quite unperturbed with the controversies surrounding her and has always followed her heart and has inspired many budding sportspeople to do the same. Sania picked up the racket at the age of six and since then has won many accolades for the country. As Sania Mirza turns a year, we bring you seven interesting things to know about the tennis ace. Sania Mirza Workout and Diet: How the Indian Tennis Star Lost 26kg in Four Months After Her Pregnancy (Watch Videos).
- Sania Mirza was born on November 15, 1986, in Hyderabad.
- She started training under her father at the age of 12.
- The tennis sensation won the Wimbledon Junior Championship in 2003.
- Sania is the first Indian woman to win a Women’s Doubles Grand Slam. Her doubles partner was Martina Hinges.
- Sania had a huge crush on Russian Tennis Star Marat Safin.
- The tennis ace happens to be the first Indian woman to bag the prize money more than US $1 Million.
- Sania Mirza became the second tennis player to be bestowed with Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award after Leander Peas in 2015.
Sania Mirza who is currently handling the duties of a mother is eyeing to get back to professional tennis for the Olympics 2020 which will be held in Tokyo. On this day, we wish Sania Mirza a very Happy Birthday from the entire team of LatestLY.