WhatsApp, a Facebook-owned company has been bringing new updates to the instant messaging platform lately. The company has been emphasizing more on making the messaging application more accessible and reliable to the users globally. We previously reported that the company is looking to introduce new feature of monetized ads to the platform, which could result in several user quitting WhatsApp. WhatsApp Fights Fake News: Facebook Owned Messenger App Launches Video Ad Campaign 'Share Joy, Not Rumours'
Well, that remains to be seen. Meanwhile, the company is constantly focusing on its core strategy of making the application more accessible. Now, the users will now be able to download and install WhatsApp directly from the Google Play App store onto their Android tablets.
However, only the users signed up for beta program will be able to download and install WhatsApp on their Android tablets. Gone are the days, when the users with Beta programme need to download the APK file of the app to use it. Now, the users will be able to use the app directly from Google's app store. WhatsApp To Get Most Annoying Feature Update; Many Users Might Quit Facebook-Owned Messaging App.
Good news: you can now install WhatsApp on your Android tablet directly from the Play Store (ONLY IF YOU'RE A BETA TESTER — 2.18.367)!
It wasn’t possible in the past and it was necessary to download the APK separately.
— WABetaInfo (@WABetaInfo) November 30, 2018
According to the post shared by WABetaInfo, Beta Testers will be able to install WhatsApp directly from the Play Store. The post reads - “Good news: you can now install WhatsApp on your Android tablet directly from the Play Store (ONLY IF YOU’RE A BETA TESTER — 2.18.367)! It wasn’t possible in the past and it was necessary to download the APK separately.”
Moreover, a report from AndroidPit.com mentioned that WhatsApp is very different from every other application installed on the smartphone, as the fact that the users cannot login into a same account using two different devices. In order to user WhatsApp on the Android tablet, the users will need to switch it off or log off from the first device and vice-versa for using WhatsApp.
Here’s how you can install WhatsApp on Your Android Tablet -
1. First of all, you need to check for stable internet connectivity on your Android tablet.
2. After that, you need to open Googe Play App Store on your Android Tablet.
3. Now, you need to look for WhatsApp Messenger (Beta) that can be done by searching in the search box.
4. Enter ‘WhatsApp Messenger’ in the search box and you will get number of options in the list. You need to select the one with ‘Beta’ mentioned in the bracket.
5. And now, install the Beta version of WhatsApp Messenger on your device. You can now use WhatsApp on your tablet. Follow the necessary steps for connecting your mobile number with WhatsApp.