US President Donald Trump on September 15 hosted Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and foreign ministers of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) & Bahrain for the signing of the historic Abraham Accord. It is the first Arab-Israeli peace deal in 26 years. “We are here to change the course of history,” Donald Trump said moments before the accord was signed at the South Lawns of the White House. UAE was represented by Foreign Minister Abdullah bin Zayed and Bahrain by Foreign Minister Abdullatif Al Zayani. The Arab Accord, essentially bilateral agreements with Israel, does not mention the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. The president pointed out that these were the only two peace deals between Israel and the Arab States in more than a quarter of a century. Egypt was the first Arab State to sign a peace deal with Israel in 1979. Jordon signed a peace pact in 1994. As per the agreements, the UAE and Bahrain will establish embassies, exchange ambassadors, cooperate and work together with Israel across a range of sectors, including tourism, trade, healthcare and security. Netanyahu described the accord as a "pivot of history", heralding a new dawn. Foreign Minister Zayed said the UAE is witnessing a change in the Middle-East, one that gives hope around the world. Foreign Minister Zayani said peace between the Kingdom of Bahrain and the State of Israel is a step on the road to genuine and lasting security and prosperity. Soon after the signing, the White House, in a statement, said the deal will strengthen peace in the region, giving Muslims increased access to the Al Aqsa Mosque. Trump, seeking re-election in the November 3 presidential election against his Democratic Party rival, Joe Biden, is hoping that the two major diplomatic deals would help him in the polls.
Coronavirus in India: Live Map
Sanjay Singh to PM Narendra Modi: ‘I’m Returning Your Tea, You Return My Farmers’ Bread’
India’s COVID-19 Tally Crosses 55.62 Lakh With 75,083 New Cases & 1,053 Deaths Due to Coronavirus in Past 24 Hours
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Fines Over 2,000 Commuters For Not Wearing Masks in 9 Days After Resuming Services Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
NASA Plans Moon Landing Mission in 2024 at an Estimated Cost of $28 Billion, All Eyes on US Congress to Approve the First Tranche of Funding
US Imposes ‘UN Sanctions’ on Iran’s Defence Ministry, Venezuela President Nicolas Maduro
Shah Rukh Khan To Play Dual Role In Atlee’s Action Drama?
CSK 200/6 in 20 Overs (Target 217) | RR vs CSK Live Score Updates IPL 2020: Sanju Samson, Steve Smith, Bowlers Hand RR 16-Run Triumph
Mumbai Rains: Heavy Spell of Showers Leads to Water Logging in Parts of City, Netizens Share Pics & Videos
Bihar DGP Gupteshwar Pandey Takes Voluntary Retirement, SK Singhal Replaces Him, Say Reports: Live Breaking News Headlines & Coronavirus Updates on September 22, 2020
Did Sakshi Rawat Slam On-Field Umpire After MS Dhoni’s Altercation With Chettithody Shamshuddin During RR vs CSK, IPL 2020?
Jofra Archer’s Old Tweets Go Viral After Rajasthan Royals Player Smashes Lungi Ngidi for Four Successive Sixes During RR vs CSK IPL 2020 Match (See Tweet)
Yashasvi Jaiswal’s Namaste Greeting to MS Dhoni at the Start of RR vs CSK Dream11 IPL 2020 Match in Sharjah is Going Viral! (Watch Video) Read More
- Australia vs New Zealand - ODI - 1st ODI Mar, 13 2020 09:00 IST Australia beat New Zealand by 71 runs Chappell-Hadlee Trophy, 2020
- India vs South Africa - ODI - 1st ODI Mar, 12 2020 13:30 IST Match Abandoned South Africa in India, 3 ODI Series, 2020
- Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe - T20 - 2nd T20I Mar, 11 2020 17:30 IST Bangladesh beat Zimbabwe by 9 wickets Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2 T20I Series, 2020
- Afghanistan vs Ireland - T20 - 3rd T20I Mar, 10 2020 14:00 IST Ireland tied with Afghanistan (Ireland win Super Over by 1 wicket) Afghanistan and Ireland in India, 3 T20I Series, 2020
- Paris Saint-Germain F.C. vs Borussia Dortmund - Match 198 Mar, 13 2020 01:30 IST Paris Saint-Germain beat Borussia Dortmund (2 - 0) International Clubs UEFA Champions League 19/20
- Liverpool vs Atlético Madrid - Match 199 Mar, 13 2020 01:30 IST Atletico Madrid beat Liverpool FC (3 - 2) International Clubs UEFA Champions League 19/20
- Manchester City vs Arsenal - Match 293 Mar, 13 2020 01:00 IST England Premier League 19/20
- Valencia vs Atalanta - Match 196 Mar, 12 2020 01:30 IST Atalanta Bergamasca Calcio beat CF Valencia (4 - 3) International Clubs UEFA Champions League 19/20