Union Home Minister Amit Shah has tested positive for COVID-19, which has infected more than 17 lakh people in the country. Reportedly, Shah has been admitted to Medanta hospital, located in Haryana's Gurugram near Delhi. In a tweet on August 2, the minister said his health was "fine" but he was being hospitalised "on the advice of doctors". He also requested that all those "who have come in contact with me in the last few days, please isolate yourself and get your inquiry done.” Reports suggest an extensive contact tracing will be carried out and anyone who came in contact with the minister will have to self-isolate. Shah, 55, had taken part in a cabinet meeting on July 26, which was attended by all top ministers, including Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, and Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman. Reactions started pouring in as soon as the news broke of the Home Minister testing positive. India crossed 17 lakh cases on August 2, adding more than one lakh cases to the tally in just two days.
Coronavirus in India: Live Map
Sanjay Singh to PM Narendra Modi: ‘I’m Returning Your Tea, You Return My Farmers’ Bread’
India’s COVID-19 Tally Crosses 55.62 Lakh With 75,083 New Cases & 1,053 Deaths Due to Coronavirus in Past 24 Hours
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Fines Over 2,000 Commuters For Not Wearing Masks in 9 Days After Resuming Services Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
NASA Plans Moon Landing Mission in 2024 at an Estimated Cost of $28 Billion, All Eyes on US Congress to Approve the First Tranche of Funding
US Imposes ‘UN Sanctions’ on Iran’s Defence Ministry, Venezuela President Nicolas Maduro
Shah Rukh Khan To Play Dual Role In Atlee’s Action Drama?
Gangubai Kathiawadi Actress Alia Bhatt To Resume Shoot For Sanjay Leela Bhansali Directorial In October?
Mumbai Rains Funny Memes Resurface Online As Netizens Share Pics and Videos of Waterlogging Across The City Following Heavy Rainfall
TikTok Deal is 'Dirty & Unfair' Based on 'Bullying And Extortion', China Has No Reason to Give Green Signal, Says China Daily Report
India's COVID-19 Testing Capacity Surges to Over 12 Lakh Daily Tests: Live Breaking News Headlines & Coronavirus Updates on September 23, 2020
KKR vs MI IPL 2020 Dream11 Team Selection: Recommended Players As Captain and Vice-Captain, Probable Lineup To Pick Your Fantasy XI
Bhiwandi Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises to 33, Search for More Victims Underway; Here’s What We Know So Far Read More
- Australia vs New Zealand - ODI - 1st ODI Mar, 13 2020 09:00 IST Australia beat New Zealand by 71 runs Chappell-Hadlee Trophy, 2020
- India vs South Africa - ODI - 1st ODI Mar, 12 2020 13:30 IST Match Abandoned South Africa in India, 3 ODI Series, 2020
- Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe - T20 - 2nd T20I Mar, 11 2020 17:30 IST Bangladesh beat Zimbabwe by 9 wickets Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2 T20I Series, 2020
- Afghanistan vs Ireland - T20 - 3rd T20I Mar, 10 2020 14:00 IST Ireland tied with Afghanistan (Ireland win Super Over by 1 wicket) Afghanistan and Ireland in India, 3 T20I Series, 2020
- Paris Saint-Germain F.C. vs Borussia Dortmund - Match 198 Mar, 13 2020 01:30 IST Paris Saint-Germain beat Borussia Dortmund (2 - 0) International Clubs UEFA Champions League 19/20
- Liverpool vs Atlético Madrid - Match 199 Mar, 13 2020 01:30 IST Atletico Madrid beat Liverpool FC (3 - 2) International Clubs UEFA Champions League 19/20
- Manchester City vs Arsenal - Match 293 Mar, 13 2020 01:00 IST England Premier League 19/20
- Valencia vs Atalanta - Match 196 Mar, 12 2020 01:30 IST Atalanta Bergamasca Calcio beat CF Valencia (4 - 3) International Clubs UEFA Champions League 19/20