The Indian Council of Medical Research informed on April 9 that the positivity rate for coronavirus ranges between 3-5% in the last 1-1.5 months and that it has not increased substantially. Dr Murhekar of ICMR also informed that till April 8, 130000 samples were tested of which 5734 samples tested positive. The country currently has 6412 confirmed cases with 199 deaths being reported. However, Johns Hopkins University Professor Steve Hanke criticised the Modi government over lower COVID-19 testing in India. He warned that if the situation remains the same then India can easily ‘turn into the next Italy’. Meanwhile, ICMR in a statement said that currently, the country is testing 18,000 samples for coronavirus per day across 192 government and private laboratories. They also informed that it is gearing to add 200 additional labs for round-the-clock COVID-19 testing and is considering to scale up testing capacity to 100,000 tests per day. The ICMR April 9 also updated its testing strategy for COVID-19.
Coronavirus in India: Live Map
India Denies Donald Trump’s Claim That PM Narendra Modi Spoke to US President And is Not in ‘Good Mood’ Over LAC Standoff With China
India Records Highest Single Day Spike of 7,466 COVID-19 Cases And 175 Deaths in Past 24 Hours, Coronavirus Tally Jumps to 1,65,799 And Death Toll Mounts to 4706
Delhi-Gurugram Border Sees Huge Gathering of People A Day After Haryana Completely Seals Its Border With National Capital, View Pics
Locust Attack in India: From Banging Utensils, Beating Drums, Using Police Siren & Playing DJ, People Resort to Innovative Ways to Scare And Fight Tiddi Dal Invasion
Amitabh Bachchan Shares a ‘Then and Now’ Post Showing What Changed From Kabhie Kabhie to Gulabo Sitabo With an Amazing Caption!
Seth Rollins Birthday Special: Here’s A Look at The Five Biggest Wins of ‘Monday Night Messiah’ on WWE (Watch Videos)
Six Districts in Assam Affected by Continuous Rainfall in The State : Live Breaking News Headlines & Coronavirus Updates, May 30, 2020
Lockdown5: Hina Khan Posts A Throwback Bikini-Clad Picture, Says She Wants Her 'Licence To Chill BACKKKKKK'
Coronavirus Cases in Mumbai Rise to 38,220 After 1,510 People Test Positive For COVID-19, Death Toll Mounts to 1,227
Sandesh Jhingan Expresses Desire to Be India’s Regular Captain, Reveals Dream of Playing in Europe
Elli AvrRam's Bikini-Clad 'Beetroot Ki Dukan' Look Is Adorable (View Post)
Odisha Sings 'Bande Utkal Janani' in Unison to Express Solidarity For COVID Warriors Read More
- Australia vs New Zealand - ODI - 1st ODI Mar, 13 2020 09:00 IST Australia beat New Zealand by 71 runs Chappell-Hadlee Trophy, 2020
- India vs South Africa - ODI - 1st ODI Mar, 12 2020 13:30 IST Match Abandoned South Africa in India, 3 ODI Series, 2020
- Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe - T20 - 2nd T20I Mar, 11 2020 17:30 IST Bangladesh beat Zimbabwe by 9 wickets Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2 T20I Series, 2020
- Afghanistan vs Ireland - T20 - 3rd T20I Mar, 10 2020 14:00 IST Ireland tied with Afghanistan (Ireland win Super Over by 1 wicket) Afghanistan and Ireland in India, 3 T20I Series, 2020
- Paris Saint-Germain F.C. vs Borussia Dortmund - Match 198 Mar, 13 2020 01:30 IST Paris Saint-Germain beat Borussia Dortmund (2 - 0) International Clubs UEFA Champions League 19/20
- Liverpool vs Atlético Madrid - Match 199 Mar, 13 2020 01:30 IST Atletico Madrid beat Liverpool FC (3 - 2) International Clubs UEFA Champions League 19/20
- Manchester City vs Arsenal - Match 293 Mar, 13 2020 01:00 IST England Premier League 19/20
- Valencia vs Atalanta - Match 196 Mar, 12 2020 01:30 IST Atalanta Bergamasca Calcio beat CF Valencia (4 - 3) International Clubs UEFA Champions League 19/20