Agency News

India News | Bulgadhi Village Sanitised as Many People Visited It After Hathras Incident

Get latest articles and stories on India at LatestLY. Bulgadhi village in Hathras district of Uttar Pradesh was sanitised after multiple visits by various organisations and political leaders following the alleged gangrape as a preventive measure against COVID-19.

India News | Bulgadhi Village Sanitised as Many People Visited It After Hathras Incident

Hathras (Uttar Pradesh) [India], October 6 (ANI): Bulgadhi village in Hathras district of Uttar Pradesh was sanitised after multiple visits by various organisations and political leaders following the alleged gangrape as a preventive measure against COVID-19.

Mayor of Hathras Ashish Sharma also distributed the masks to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the village.

Also Read | Vivo V20 Smartphone With 44MP Selfie Camera to Be Launched in India on October 13.

He said there is a huge gathering of people from media and police, due to which the fear of spreading of corona also remains.

"We have sanitised the village and distributed mask in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 as people from various organisations are visiting the village after the incident. We have also spread awareness among people about the COVID-19 and requested them to maintain peace in the area," Sharma told ANI.

Also Read | 2020 Mahindra Thar Bookings Breach 9000 Mark In Just 4 Days Since Launch.

Earlier in the day, a joint delegation of Left-wing parties after visiting the Hathras victim's family raised the demand for Supreme Court-monitored independent judicial inquiry and also requested the Uttar Pradesh government to not try to divert from the principal issue.

The 19-year-old Hathras woman succumbed to brutal assault injuries in Delhi's Safdarjung Hospital last month. The post-mortem report said that the victim suffered a fracture of "cervical vertebra".

Amid enormous outrage by the opposition parties and civil society since the teen's death on September 29, social media too erupted in protests after a video, purportedly showing the administration cremating the body without the presence of family members, went viral. (ANI)

(The above story is verified and authored by ANI staff, ANI is South Asia's leading multimedia news agency with over 100 bureaus in India, South Asia and across the globe. ANI brings the latest news on Politics and Current Affairs in India & around the World, Sports, Health, Fitness, Entertainment, & News. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)