India News | Gautam Adani Thanks Supporters After US Court Dismisses Criminal Charges

Get latest articles and stories on India at LatestLY. Adani Group Chairman Gautam Adani on Tuesday thanked those who stood by him during what he described as "tough times" after a US federal court dismissed the criminal case against him and his nephew Sagar Adani.

Adani Group Chairman Gautam Adani (Photo/X/@AdaniOnline)

New Delhi [India], August 11 (ANI): Adani Group Chairman Gautam Adani on Tuesday thanked those who stood by him during what he described as "tough times" after a US federal court dismissed the criminal case against him and his nephew Sagar Adani.

The court's decision brings an end to the high-profile case and provides major legal relief to the Adani Group.

Also Read | Mumbai-Pune Expressway Missing Link To Close on August 12: Traffic Diversion, Timings and Route.

Taking to X after the development, Adani expressed gratitude to his supporters while invoking the blessings of God and his parents.

https://x.com/AdaniOnline/status/2087132435628826730?s=46

Also Read | Royal Bengal Tigress Dies at Jharkhali Tiger Rescue Centre in Sundarbans After Sudden Health Decline.

In a post on X, Adani Group wrote, "Taking the blessings of God and his parents, Gautam Adani thanked all those who stood by him even during tough times and kept their faith in him."

Meanwhile, the US federal court's dismissal of criminal charges against Adani Group Chairman Gautam Adani and his nephew Sagar Adani has ended the high-profile case against them, bringing major legal relief to the group.

US District Judge Nicholas Garaufis of the Eastern District of New York dismissed the charges after the US Department of Justice asked the court to dismiss them with prejudice. This means the same criminal charges cannot be filed again.

Senior Advocate Vikas Pahwa described the order as "highly significant" for the Adani Group, particularly because the 2024 indictment had generated considerable negative publicity.

The case began with a November 2024 indictment in which US prosecutors accused Gautam Adani, Sagar Adani and others of allegedly participating in a scheme to allegedly bribe Indian government officials in connection with solar power contracts.

The accused denied the allegations. The US Justice Department's decision to seek dismissal marked a major shift in the prosecution. In May, the DOJ said it had reviewed the case and, exercising its prosecutorial discretion, decided not to devote further resources to the criminal charges.

The court initially sought more details from the government before deciding whether to approve the dismissal. Judge Garaufis questioned the DOJ's earlier explanation and directed it to provide additional justification.

Reacting to the development, Gautam Adani said in a social media post, "I welcome the US court's decision with humility and deep respect for the judicial process."

The criminal case dismissal is separate from civil proceedings involving Adani and Sagar Adani before the US Securities and Exchange Commission. The two had earlier agreed to pay civil penalties in that matter without admitting the allegations. (ANI)

(The above story is verified and authored by ANI staff, ANI is South Asia's leading multimedia news agency with over 100 bureaus in India, South Asia and across the globe. ANI brings the latest news on Politics and Current Affairs in India & around the World, Sports, Health, Fitness, Entertainment, & News. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)

Share Now

Share Now