Washington, Jun 18 (AFP) The United States military on Monday released new photos it says incriminate Iran in last week's attacks on oil tankers in strategic Gulf waters.

One of the photos shows what the Pentagon described as "the remnants of the magnetic attachment device of (an) unexploded limpet mine" placed on one of the tankers. The US says an Iranian patrol boat removed the mine.

"Iran is responsible for the attack based on video evidence and the resources and proficiency needed to quickly remove the unexploded limpet mine," the Pentagon said in a statement accompanying the imagery. (AFP)

(The above story is verified and authored by Press Trust of India (PTI) staff. PTI, India’s premier news agency, employs more than 400 journalists and 500 stringers to cover almost every district and small town in India.. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)