The customers booking the MG ZS EV post 17th January is entitled to pay Rs 20.88 lakh and Rs 23.58 lakh for Excite and Exclusive variants (All Prices Ex-Showroom).

MG Motor India has finally launched its first electric SUV - ZS EV in India with a starting price of Rs 19.88 lakh (ex-showroom) for the Excite variant. The Exclusive variant costs Rs 22.58 lakh (ex-showroom). Notably, these prices are inaugural prices for bookings of MG ZS EV till January 17, 2020.

The new MG ZS EV SUV comes in two variants - Excite and Exclusive, offering several exterior, interior, safety and convenience features.

On the inside, the electric SUV from MG Motor India comes with premium leather interiors, sky roof, Kinetic Energy Recovery system, iSmart EV 2.0 technology and much more.

As far as the performance is concerned, the MG ZS EV comes equipped with a 44.5kWh ultra-high density battery with IP6 certification offering a range of 340 kms. The battery powers the synchronous motor to generate maximum power of 142.7 PS against 353 Nm of peak torque.
The SUV is claimed to hit three figure mark in just 8.5 seconds.

The new MG ZS EV comes with 6-airbags, ABS with EBD, Electronic Stability Control, Front and rear seat belt reminder, rear disc brakes, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS), Hill Start Assist, Hill Descent Control and more.

Mr. Gaurav Gupta says MG Motor India received over 2800 bookings for the ZS EV in just 27 days only.

The launch event of MG ZS EV begins as Mr. Gaurav Gupta, Chief Commercial Officer, MG Motor India takes the center stage. The company claims that it has increased its presence in the Indian market with 200+ centres across the country.

The MG ZS EV will come equipped with a 44.5kWh battery pack which gets an IP67 rating for protection against dust and water. Additionally, the car maker is also providing eight-year warranty package on the battery.

The electric SUV will be initially available in four Indian cities - Delhi/NCR, Bengaluru, Mumbai and Hyderabad.

Load More

MG ZS EV SUV will be MG Motor India's second product in the country after MG Hector that received an overwhelming response from the market. With an aim to revolutionise the EV market, the car maker is all set to take the bold step by officially announcing the launch of the MG ZS EV. The all-new MG ZS electric SUV will be car maker's second car for India product portfolio. The company will be live streaming the event from the venue and it can be watched online here. MG ZS EV Launching Today in India; Watch LIVE Streaming of MG’s Second Product Launch Event.

The price unveil event of MG ZS EV will mark car maker's officially entry into the EV space that has already received a warm reception from the market. The car maker had already announced that it has received over 2,800 bookings for the electric SUV in just 27 days. The company also claims that the total number of bookings received for MG ZS EV is more than the cumulative number of EVs sold in the country last year.

The electric SUV will be initially available in four Indian cities - Delhi/NCR, Bengaluru, Mumbai and Hyderabad. Interestingly, the car maker received maximum bookings for the ZS from Bengaluru then followed by Hyderabad. Notably, the 60 percent of the bookings were carried out via retail showrooms, while the remaining 40 percent bookings were catered via online. To be retailed in India via CKD route, the MG ZS EV will be assembled at company's plant in Gujarat.

The upcoming MG ZS EV will be MG Motor India's second connected car which will come laden with all connected technology seen on MG Hector. However, the electric SUV will be get an 8-inch vertically mounted screen instead of a 10.4-inch touchscreen infotainment unit seen on Hector.

On the mechanical front, the MG ZS EV will be packed with a 44.5 kWh IP6 certified battery powering the synchronous motor to generate power figures of 141 bhp and 353 Nm. The company claims that the electric SUV will offer a range of over 340 km on a single charge. The ZS EV is claimed to touch 100 kmph-mark from standstill position in just 8.5 seconds.