Born on January 6, 1967, Allah Rakha Rahman turns 52 today. The man needs no introduction. He has given us some of the most memorable and epic music of all times that has stayed with us till today. Listening to A R Rahman songs literally gives goosebumps to some of us! Well, that's the kind of impact he has on his fans! There would hardly be anyone in this nation who wouldn't be in awe of him. Apart from being immensely talented, A R Rahman is also a gem of a person. He is humble, down to earth and filled with gratitude. And that's what makes him a better human being. As he turns a year older today, we bring to you 5 lesser known facts about the music maestro. A R Rahman Shares Video of 'Unknown' Woman Melodiously Singing Popular Song 'O Cheliya'.
- Singing was never on his mind! He always wanted to become a computer engineer but destiny had different plans for him.
- Rahman's son, Ameen also shares the same birthday! Yes, he also turns a year older today, along with his daddy.
- He has his name registered in the Limca Book of Records 2007 as he was bestowed with the “Indian of the Year for Contribution to Popular Music” Award.
- The signature tune of Airtel has been composed by Rahman. It is the world's most downloaded mobile music with over 150 million downloads.
- Film critic Richard Corliss has listed Rahman's debut soundtrack for Roja in TIME's "10 Best Soundtracks" of all time. A R Rahman Changes the Lyrics of His Song to ‘Don’t Worry Kerala’ and It Will Give You Goosebumps! - Watch Video.
Another interesting fact about A R Rahman is that he was actually born into a Hindu family. His name was Dilip Kumar until at the age of 23, he decided to convert to Islam, after he met his spiritual guru, Qadri Islam. Here's wishing him a very happy birthday.