The Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSHSEB) will conduct the Gujarat Common Entrance Test (GUJCET) 2018 on April 23. The application form will be released by the board from March 23 and interested candidates can apply till April 7 at gujcet.gseb.org. The result date of the entrance examination has not been decided yet. However, reports suggest that it could be declare either in May or June. Aspirants can begin with the application procedure. You can register online using the Login ID and Password visiting the official website of GUJCET.
The Gujarat Common Entrance Test is held for candidates who seek to take admissions into various engineering and degree or diploma pharmacy courses in government and popular private Institutes of Gujarat. The entrance test will be conducted in three languages—Gujarati, Hindi and English medium. Here are the quick steps to apply for GUJCET 2018:
1. Visit the official website gujcet.gseb.org.
2. To register online, login using your User ID and password, enter the captcha code.
3. Fill in all the required details.
4. Before submitting, cross check the information that you have put in.
5. Once your application procedure is done, you will receive an application number.
6. To download and print your application, enter your application number, date of birth and captcha code.
7. Your application will be displayed on the computer screen.
The Gujarat state government replaced the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) with GUJCET from the academic year 2017 through an official notification. Students who have cleared the 10+2 examination from a recognized board can sit for the entrance test. General candidates must secure a minimum of 45 percent to apply for GUJCET while reserved category students should score a minimum of 40 percent marks in the higher secondary examination.
(The above story first appeared on LatestLY on Mar 23, 2018 01:20 PM IST. For more news and updates on politics, world, sports, entertainment and lifestyle, log on to our website latestly.com).