Upper Caste Reservation: List of Documents Required to Get Quota Benefits
Image used for representational purpose | (Photo Credits: PTI)

New Delhi, January 10: The Parliament has passed the Constitution (124th Amendment) Bill, 2019, which will give 10 per cent reservation to weaker sections in upper castes across all religion in government jobs and higher educational institutions. The quota Bill, which was passed by the Lok Sabha on Tuesday, was cleared by the Rajya Sabha on Wednesday. Below is a list of documents that would be needed to get benefits under the newly-passed reservation.

Income Certificate: Those earning below Rs 8 lakh will be able to avail the benefits. To prove that your annual income is not more than Rs 8 lakh, you need an Income Certificate.

Caste Certificate: To avail quota benefits, you need a caste certificate that shows you belong to a caste that has been categorised as an economically weaker section in general category.

Below Poverty Line Card: If you have a BPL card, it will prove that you belong to an economically weaker section among upper castes.

PAN Card: Personal Account Number (PAN) card is a necessary document for government or private jobs.

Income Tax Returns: Your ITR can also prove that your annual income is not more than Rs 8 lakh.

Open Jan Dhan Bank Account: You need to open a bank account under Jan Dhan Yojna. If you are a beneficiary of Jan Dhan Yojna, it proves you belong to am economically weaker section.