Indian festivals mark for the perfect occasion to dress up in traditional outfits and put your best foot forward. Navaratri is in the offing and girls and boys are brushing up their dancing skills to celebrate the festival of garba and dandiya. When it comes to decking up, girls are usually spoiled with multiple options. For Navratri 2018, we help you decide the right kind of makeup to go with your outfit. Below we tell you how you can achieve a long-lasting and flawless makeup without worrying about it being washed up while dancing. Navaratri 2018 Dates & Tithi Calendar: Shubh Muhurat & Time for Puja and Aarti During Nine-Day Sharad Navratri Festival.
Navratri is a festival that celebrates the nine avatars of Goddess Durga and each day has a dedicated colour code. Girls and boys dress up in colourful traditional Gujarati attires. While girls wear chaniya cholis, boys dress up in kediyu. Once you’ve selected the perfect outfit, all you need is a complimenting makeup to go with it to complete the entire look. During Navratri, people dance for hours at a stretch which can lead to excessive sweating and can disrupt your makeup. To avoid that we share with you some tips on how to make you makeup last longer. Get Inspired by Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra and Alia Bhatt to Wear Nine Different Colours on Each Day of the Navratri Festival.
Makeup Tips for Dandiya Nights This Navratri Festival
1. Prime Your Face: This is an important step before starting any makeup routine. A face primer helps even application of makeup and helps it stays longer. Also, it is important to use an eye primer to avoid a caked and smudged eye shadow look.
2. Water-Based Makeup: Water-based products are light on the skin and because you will inevitably sweat, you do not want your makeup to melt. Use light foundation that will easily blend into the skin. Also, if you have dry skin make sure you moisturise your face well before applying any makeup.
View this post on Instagram
3. Eyeshadow Colours: Now eye makeup can either make or break your look. To get the eye makeup right is essential to get that perfect makeup look. Since your outfits will be either be multicoloured or of bright colours, try and avoid loud eye makeup. You do not want to look like a rainbow with too many colours going on. Choose neutral colours for eyes such as a simple smokey eye, bronze, copper, golds, etc. Avoid putting a matching eyeshadow with your outfit. Also, for a lasting eye makeup, use cream-based eyeshadows and set it with powder eyeshadow. This will not make it last longer, but cream eyeshadows are highly pigmented.
Navratri Eye Makeup Tutorial
4. Voluminous Eyelashes: Let your eyes do the talking when it comes to festival makeup. Apply a thick coat of water-proof mascara. Wearing a mascara will open your eyes and make them look expressive. If you want to add more drama, you can also wear false eyelashes. Wear a nice coat of eyeliner (thick or thin depending on your eye shape).
View this post on Instagram
5. The Perfect Mouth: Lipstick will complete your look and will add a nice element to your lips. If you are going for a darker eyeshadow, choose a subtle lip colour such as a peach pink, light corals, nudes and orange also works perfect on Indian skin tones. If you are going light on the eyes, balance your makeup with a dark vibrant mouth with red, burgundy or plum.
This Navratri 2018, let yourself loose, step out in your best foot forward and swoon everyone with your glamourous avatar. Navratri is a colourful festival of dance, music and celebrations. People come together and there are several dandiya and garba competitions held through out the city especially in Maharashtra and Gujarat. We hope that these makeup tips will help you achieve the look you want. Happy Navratri 2018!