We quite often forget age old remedies to cure various health related issues and completely rely on medicines prescribed by our doctor. In olden days people mostly used to depend on organic treatment as medicine and science were quite backward at that time. There are various foods grown in our planet which have high medicinal properties and possess great nutritional value. One such thing that exist in our globe is garlic, which have benefits far beyond our imagination. Keep scrolling down below to explore some amazing benefits of eating garlic. Garlic Oil Can Kill Bacteria That Cause Lyme Disease, Says New Study.
Garlic belongs to the Allium(onion) family. Each segment of a garlic bulb is known as a clove. There are about 10-20 cloves in a single bulb. Garlic is grown in many parts of the world and it's highly used by many in cooking due to it's rich aroma and flavor adding property. Garlic was used during many civilizations like the Egyptians, Babylonians, Greek,Roman and Chinese. Garlic contains sulfur compound which makes it's consumption very healthy, so let's go through some key benefits of eating garlic.
Benefits of Eating Garlic:
1. Garlic intake everyday can help reduce cold, study shows that consumption of garlic everyday can help reduce sickness caused by cold or flue to greater extend, so if you are the one who constantly suffers from cold or flu then you must definitely think of adding garlic in your daily diet.
2. Garlic reduces blood pressure, as we all know that major cardiovascular diseases like heart attack and stroke are majorly caused by high blood pressure which can be minimized by daily garlic consumption. The active compounds which are present in garlic helps in blood pressure reduction.
3. Those of you who are thinking of weight loss should also give a thought about garlic as it helps in reducing the bad LDL cholesterol. It must also be noted that garlic will not at all affect the presence of good HDL cholesterol in our body.Obesity Dangers: From Sexual Problems To Cancer, Here Are 11 Risks of Being Overweight.
4. Garlic can help prevent diseases like alzheimer and dementia, as the antioxidant present in it helps in avoiding cell damage and aging.
5. Garlic can help improve athletic performance, as it possess performance enhancing substances which does not let the body to get fatigue and also enhance the working capacity of the body.
6. Garlic improves the bone health of females, as it's intake increases the estrogen level.
Garlic can be added in your diet easily by using it in soup, savory dishes, sauces, dressings and more. Garlic is an age old remedy for various diseases, but now we have scientific study in hand to prove it's worthiness in our diet.