Born on December 5, 1985, Shikhar Dhawan is known to be one of the best openers produced by Indian cricket. The left-hander played for the Indian Under-17 and Under-19 teams before making his first-class debut for Delhi in November 2004. Dhawan’s first brush with cricket happened when he was 12-years-old and post this he never looked back and joined the famous Sonnet Club in Delhi. He received formal training under Tarak Sinha who is known to have guided 12 international cricketers. Let’s have look at seven lesser-known things about Gabbar as he turns 34. Riding Through the Winds! Shikhar Dhawan Enjoys Horse Riding After Recovering From Thumb Injury (Watch Video).
- Shikhar Dhawan was born on December 5, 1985 to Sunaina and Mahendra Pal Dhawan.
- Dhawan is the fastest Indian Batsman to reach the 2000 and 3000 runs mark in ODIs.
- Dhawan started his cricketing career as a wicket-keeper.
- The left-hander was introduced to his wife Ayesha Mukherji by Harbhajan Singh on Facebook! It was a match made on social media. They have a son, Zoravar and two daughters Rhea and Aliyah from Ayesha’s previous marriage.
- Dhawan is the third Indian opener to hit two successive centuries in away Tests.
- Dhawan also holds the record for most runs in a calendar year in Twenty20 International cricket (689).
- His nickname ‘Gabbar’ came in after he delivered Amjad Khan’s dialogues from ‘Sholay’ to boost the morale of the team.
On this day, we wish Gabbar a very Happy Birthday. May he scale more heights and shatter many records to make the nation proud. The entire Team of LatestLY wishes Gabbar a Very Very Happy Birthday.