One of the best players of his generation, MS Dhoni celebrates his 40th birthday today (July 07, 2021). The Ranchi cricketer is not only the most successful captain in the history of Indian cricket but also one in world cricket. MS Dhoni is known for his leadership and his cool and calm attitude both on and off the pitch. So as the former Indian skipper celebrates his birthday, we take a look at some inspiration quotes by him. MS Dhoni Birthday Special: A Look At Three Major Records Held By the Former Indian and Current CSK Captain.
MS Dhoni has played 90 Tests, 350 ODIs and 98 T20Is for India, scoring ample runs and captaining the national team in all three formats, leading them to World Cup triumphs in the 20-over format and the 50-over format. The Ranchi cricketer also has a great record in IPL, guiding his Chennai Super Kings outfit to three titles, the second most in competition history. MS Dhoni Turns 40: Three MSD Captaincy Records Which Will Be Tough to Break for Virat Kohli and Future Indian Skippers.
Inspirational Quotes By MS Dhoni
- If You Don't Really Have A Dream, You Can't Really Push Yourself, You Don't Really Know What The Target Is
- You Don't Play For The Crowd, You Play For The Country
- My Goal Is Not To Be Better Than Anyone Else, But To Be Better Than I Used To Be
- It's Important To Learn And Not Repeat The Same Mistakes. What's Done Is Done
- I Am On National Duty. Everything Else Can Wait
- I Never Allow Myself To Be Pressured
- I Have Always Believed That Process Is More Important Than Results
- I Live In The Present With An Eye On The Future
- I Don't Mind Repeating Everything
- I Have Three Dogs At Home. Even After Losing A Series Or Winning A Series, They Treat Me The Same Way
MS Dhoni announced his retirement from international cricket in August 2020 but still remains active in the domestic circuit, leading Chennai Super Kings in the IPL. The Ranchi cricketer will again captain CSK when IPL 2021 resumes later this year and will be aiming to add to the three titles.
(The above story first appeared on LatestLY on Jul 07, 2021 12:00 PM IST. For more news and updates on politics, world, sports, entertainment and lifestyle, log on to our website latestly.com).