Number of coronavirus positive cases in India has reached 165799 with 4706 deaths being reported. Maharashtra is the worst-hit state in the country with 59546 cases and 1982 deaths. Amid the growing concern, a complete shutdown has been imposed in Thane city. The shutdown which began on May 28 will remain till May 31. As on May 28, the number of coronavirus cases in Thane stood at 2,450 with 72 deaths. Meanwhile, Cabinet Secretary Rajiv Gauba held a video conference with municipal commissioners & district magistrates of 13 COVID-19 hit cities that have contributed to more than 70% of the cases in the country. The 13 municipal commissioners who participated in the video conferencing were from Mumbai, Chennai, Delhi, Ahmadabad, Thane, Pune, Hyderabad, Kolkata/Howrah, Indore, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Chengalpattu and Thiruvallur. Cabinet Secretary reiterated the need to seal the containment zones where number of cases are the highest. He took suggestions from states to decide the strategy from June 1.
Coronavirus in India: Live Map
PM Narendra Modi Launches Aatmanirbhar Bharat App Innovation Challenge, Urges Technology and Startup Communities to Participate
Bengaluru Under Complete Lockdown From 8 pm Today Till 5 am on Monday, Sale of Essential Items Allowed
India’s COVID-19 Tally Rises to 6,48,315 With Highest Single-Day Spike of 22,771 New Cases in Past 24 Hours, Death Toll Surges to 18,655
Mumbai Rains: Heavy Rainfall Likely During Next 48 Hours, IMD Asks Citizens to Stay Away from Sea Shore Amid High Tide Warning
Shravan 2020: Odisha Bans Congregations of ‘Bol Bom’ Devotees, Kanwariyas Not Allowed to Carry Water For Jalalagi Puja
Shah Rukh Khan Is Waiting For Gauri To Design His Office Since 2018?
Rajasthan Govt Cancels All UG, PG Exams This Year Due to COVID-19 Pandemic
Fourth of July 2020: Joe Biden, US Presidential Candidate, Says Wearing Mask 'Most Patriotic Thing to Do'
Rajasthan Govt Cancels All College Examinations This Year Due to COVID-19 Pandemic: Live Breaking News Headlines and Coronavirus Updates, July 4, 2020
PV Sindhu Birthday Special: Interesting Facts About India’s First Badminton World Championship Winner
TMC Councillor Champa Das Shot at by Unknown Assailant in Barrackpore, Rushed to Hospital
OnePlus TV 32-inch Y Series Television's First Sale Tomorrow at 12 PM IST Via Amazon India; Prices, Offers & Specifications Read More
Rajasthan Govt Cancels All College Examinations This Year Due to COVID-19 Pandemic
Donald Trump Replies to PM Modi's 'Fourth of July' Greeting on Twitter, Says 'America Loves India'
Nitish Kumar Tests Negative For COVID-19
Delhi | 1st Batch of Patients to be Admitted Tomorrow at Sardar Patel Covid Care Centre
- Australia vs New Zealand - ODI - 1st ODI Mar, 13 2020 09:00 IST Australia beat New Zealand by 71 runs Chappell-Hadlee Trophy, 2020
- India vs South Africa - ODI - 1st ODI Mar, 12 2020 13:30 IST Match Abandoned South Africa in India, 3 ODI Series, 2020
- Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe - T20 - 2nd T20I Mar, 11 2020 17:30 IST Bangladesh beat Zimbabwe by 9 wickets Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2 T20I Series, 2020
- Afghanistan vs Ireland - T20 - 3rd T20I Mar, 10 2020 14:00 IST Ireland tied with Afghanistan (Ireland win Super Over by 1 wicket) Afghanistan and Ireland in India, 3 T20I Series, 2020
- Paris Saint-Germain F.C. vs Borussia Dortmund - Match 198 Mar, 13 2020 01:30 IST Paris Saint-Germain beat Borussia Dortmund (2 - 0) International Clubs UEFA Champions League 19/20
- Liverpool vs Atlético Madrid - Match 199 Mar, 13 2020 01:30 IST Atletico Madrid beat Liverpool FC (3 - 2) International Clubs UEFA Champions League 19/20
- Manchester City vs Arsenal - Match 293 Mar, 13 2020 01:00 IST England Premier League 19/20
- Valencia vs Atalanta - Match 196 Mar, 12 2020 01:30 IST Atalanta Bergamasca Calcio beat CF Valencia (4 - 3) International Clubs UEFA Champions League 19/20